Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few posts about this already, but I have not really found a concise answer for my riding style. Im an intermediate rider, not really looking to race competetively, but do go to the track every weekend. I usually exclusively track/ mx style. Im about 165 pounds with no gear. Anyone got ideas on how to lower my bike while still being able to ride mx, and hit jumps. shock performance is an issue as well, but I dont really want to break the bank. Any suggestions?

G

·
You looking to lower the front and the rear? If you want a deal I could sell you my front and rear lowering kit to you cheap.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The only way to lower it the right way for MX is to invest in some zero pre-load shocks front and rear. TCS Race Series shocks drop the Raptor a little over an inch. You will most likely want to widen the stance along with the lowering. +2 or +3 a-arms and an aftermarket axle.

Typically speaking lowering links put the shocks in a valving location and linkage geometry that they aren't meant to be. That means you sacrifice suspension performance. There may be some out there that do the right thing but I'm not familliar with them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have alot of money invested in my suspension but if you want to lower the rear and gain some shock performance buy a gtthunder rear shock linkage. I got mine from motosport for $125. It says it is for xc but I run motocross and arenacross with mine all the time. It drops the rear 1.5 inches and adds a 1in of travel to the rear shock. Another great way to lower all 4 corners and gain better overall performing suspension is to invest in some mx tire. 18s for the rear and as low as 20's for the front. With the shock linkage in the rear and 18s you lower you quad 2.5 inches. I was looking into a cheap way to hop up the front end but I finally came to the conclusion that I was going to be spending a pretty large amount of money so I went out and got exactly what I wanted with the used of my trusty credit card. It sucks to have to pay for a quad and the stuff on my quad every month but its what I had to do to not only be competitve with the 450s but I outrun them alot too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts