1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Different shocks and A-Arms

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm not sure what's involved in a lowering kit, but if you get front YFZ 450 shocks and +2 A-Arms it will definitely sit lower and would probably be fine for jumping.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm not sure what's involved in a lowering kit, but if you get front YFZ 450 shocks and +2 A-Arms it will definitely sit lower and would probably be fine for jumping.
I'm sorry but it really annoys me when people post answers to questions acting like they know what they're talking about..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
A lowering kit will not give it a "race ready" stance. And it will not be lower with +2 a-arms and YFZ shocks IMO. To me, race ready is just a bit lower, and wider. The only lowering kit "rated" for MX is the CFM one. I would jump with it, but alot of people wouldn't. If you are looking for a racey stance, I'd get +3 a-arms, 2007 SE or 2008 and up Raptor 700 front shocks, and a Banshee rear shock, aswell as a wider rear axle. 18" tires would make it look alot better also.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm sorry but it really annoys me when people post answers to questions acting like they know what they're talking about..
I never tried to act as if I knew what I was talking about. I remembered from my brothers Raptor when he purchased it, it had +2 A Arms and YFZ shocks and it was really low to the ground. He said thats all that was done to it but maybe it was lowered. I never tried to act as if I know everything about lowering it, as i've never tried nor done it. Sorry if I screwed anything up, I was just making a suggestion based on what i've seen.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
3.5" lower with cfm lowering kit. Shorter tires on top would drop it 4.5" 18" rear and 20" front. Mines just cfm handles great now.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
lil red.... from wegotmud? Why do you want to lower? Are you going to race oval, TT, or ice? If not don't bother. To improve handling over all you need better suspension. What are you running now? Lowering is great for racing where no or very lil jumping is involved, and in some cases drag racing. But for trail riding, mx, xc, duning ect, not a great idea. If you do want to lower for the uses i mentioned. You can make brackets yourself. I did. see brackets here --> http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30336&page=327

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
BTW mines lowered just for the smoother fast trails(fire roads), oval and drag being I run a stock swinger. It still comes up under load at a wot shifting. If I hit real trails I'll take back to normal height myself.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Seen a lot of spacers break right off dangerious.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I have wheel spacers. Like them Alot.
When they break don't say nothing. I've seen it mass times, before spacers I'd go exstended hubs in rear.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just noticed I'm in wrong wieght division 350. I should be in the 700 heavy weight class :burnout: I'm gone these to slow for me :haha: :joke:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The ones I saw was durablu ones. They replaced but me I wouldn't run em.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts