Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the YFZ450 shocks on my bike and notice the front is a bit lower 8) . i would like to bring the rear down as well. is the replacement rear shock linkage that they offer at various places to include ebay worth it or will i put more undo stress on parts and risk breaking something?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Rear lowering struts: With the wrong length you can bottom out some suspension parts pretty badly. I'd suggest an adjustable unit like the durablue if you do purchase one. I don't run one year round, only when flattracking/ice racing. And I NEVER jump my bike.

I'd try filpping the rear linkage first, if you don't air the bike out it'll probably be a good fit when compared to the drop you got in the front.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Flipping the rear bracket definitely drops the rear a bunch. I was told to avoid doing that if I did any jumping... I brought the rear suspension all the way down and it didn't look like it would make contact but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
get the elka link.....in most cases it will give you a 2.5 inch drop and more travel....my 660's lower than any other ones ive seen or ridden

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do a bit of mild jumping.... like i would say a foot maybe three of air... would any of these help lower her without any risk?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the elka link.....and also houser makes one and possibly someone else

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
damn fast, you have the same suspension set-up I do,..except I run +3 houser a-arms, and a fireball swinger(+2),..and a custom linkage.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
rt said:
damn fast, you have the same suspension set-up I do,..except I run +3 houser a-arms, and a fireball swinger(+2),..and a custom linkage.
damn your right how do you like it??? this is the first 660 ive been on so i dont know about all the tippiness with the bike stock and all that but i know this thing is planted!! i cant flip it and the elkas are great...i dont jump too high yet but the 3 or 4 foot of air ive gotten when i landed it was like landing on a pillow....and can you wheely good with the +2 swinger?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
the swinger was on another bike before I bought and powdwercoated and put on my bike..I tested on a 686 that it was on before the guy parted it and it wheelied ok, but the 760 kit I'm putting in-I shouldn't have a problem flipping it in 5th gear. :lol:....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.