Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - it seemed like it would be easy enough :grin_nod:. This is one ride's worth of wear on the stock piece.

Sit the quad up on it's ass end:

Remove four bolts, and here is the LSR piece next to the stock piece.

LSR skid on with three bolts finger tight. Houston we have a problem!

The last bolt hole is off by about 1/2 a bolt :mad:. The chain guide etc all seem to line up fine. I'm betting that elongating the hole will solve the problem, but this is annoying for a $200 swing arm skid.

I'm going to call LSR in the morning and see what they have to say.

Have any of you installed this skid? How did it go?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

·
Registered
767 Posts
That's a pretty cheesy skid, the GYTR and most others protect the the shock linkage as well. But yes it looks like elongating the hole will be no big deal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
This is why I always go with factory parts where ever I can.

Get them to exchange it or give it back and go with the GYTR skid. Mine bolted on like a champ.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Pro armors fit perfect and covered a whole lot more for around a $100$

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got a full set of Armadillo skids for 239 shipped and it took like 15 min to install them, fit perfect.

Jay

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Diddly said:
That's a pretty cheesy skid, the GYTR and most others protect the the shock linkage as well. But yes it looks like elongating the hole will be no big deal.
The skid plate he bought is used for people who went with a plus 1 or more swing arm. I had a PRM skid that I had to chop to be able to run it that protected the shock linkage to be able to use it on my lsr swinger..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kbm450 said:
The skid plate he bought is used for people who went with a plus 1 or more swing arm. I had a PRM skid that I had to chop to be able to run it that protected the shock linkage to be able to use it on my lsr swinger..
Well, the part I got specifically says 'std swingarm', but LSR says they eliminated that cover piece to make room for aftermarket shocks.

They don't make 'em like their website shows them any more (from lsracing.com raptor parts page):

I really wanted a stainless piece but they don't make what I want any more.

I've got a GYTR skid plate on the way to replace it. I KNOW it'll fit, and it will work out better for the type of riding I do.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The local shop I ordered the LSR skid from got me a GYTR one as a replacement. It came in last night.

The GYTR skid had holes barely big enough for the included bolts to fit through vs the huge slots on the LSR piece. Wouldn't you know it, the GYTR piece bolted up like it originally came with the quad :thumbsup:.

I'm a believer in factory parts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts