Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to start a new thread the old one kept screwin up..but i finally got my ALBA LT a arms on with my Elka suspension....coming from 3 R6 shocks make a ton of difference...it sits way high like ur on a mountain but i guess thats how its suppose to be ? ill continue to post pics and new things as i get them done see wat you guys think or have any input into.. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they are preload adjustable. its hard to adjust them by myself and try to sit on it...but they are super long... 19'' eye to eye ! i thought it was wrong but it came straight from elka and alba racing...long travel deftly is something u need to get used cause it insanely high even more than stock...ill try to get some more pics

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel

as its sitting right now where the bumper should be..bottom of the frame in the center is just shy of 16 inchs

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have u guys ever worked with a long travel setup ?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya his name was Pedro he was 6 foot 5 and dident do nothin all day long. Hated that guy!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so its normal for the quad to sit that high with out anyone on it then ? just looks totally wack like that but i guess its suppose to

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya maybe but can you sit on it and someone take a pic?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya ill have to do that tom. im at work right now..just took that after i got the quad back on the ground have the axle and rear shock just semi on not nuts just bolted up..so ill see what i can do tom morning and maybe u can give some suggestions...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
For shure someone with LT's will tell you whats up! Im just wondering if they are on backwards? Just the bottom arms! Looks high right now! Maybe when you sit on it it will look better i dunno... They are +2 ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nah not backwards thought that myself but their clearly marked so you dont put them on backwards unless u have a banshee i guess their opposite...yes they are a +2 a arm...just doesnt seem right goin from a stock shock to a 19 '' big difference.. everyone said 450r shocks wouldnt work but christ their the same length hmm idk will take a seated pic and go from there maybe ill be able to tell when its squated down

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
alba told me there a arms in the lt position are set up for 17" shocks
Woups! Those 19 inch shocks arent helping now i see says the blind man! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pete... i bet you talked to jeff at alba ? i talked to him and the guy from atv galaxy where i got the shocks...after a back and forth conversation they both called elka and measured and come up with 19'' was their LT setup for a 660 raptor...jeff did tell me 17 as well at the beginning cause i said OH F... my shocks are too long then i got the 19'' answer so idk whos right or wrong coming from elka id say theyd know.. but to me its way to high ! who knows...3 wks was long enough to wait for shocks f... it

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put yfz X shocks on mine and there 17" the bike sits pretty close (a touch lowere then stock) to stock height. If the 19s work for you stick with them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
see i wanted mine to sit low like a 450 did but no way that is happenin kinda dissapointed spending money on shocks with this outcome...i think i may call elka myself just to see...but im not familiar with long travel so i have no idea...thanks for your input

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
All that time you spent trying to figure out what shocks to use with the Alba arms, I really hope you didn't end up with a set that isn't the right length. If the alba arms do indeed take a 19" shock (I've seen 19.25" setups on the 660 just not 19") then the ride height issue needs to be addressed with that mile long shaft you have and cranking down the preload. I can't tell from the pictures for sure but yours look like a triple rate, I'm used to seeing quad rate setups for LT but that's with stage 3 and 4 shocks.

For reference here's a picture of my 660 with Elka Stage 3 LT 19.25" shocks and Gibson LT A-arms

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn urs sits alot lower than mine...i turned mine down til i have 1.75'' of thread left on the top..looks like u have ur turned about the same wat do you have between the threads on urs looks like an 1.5'' or less ?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts