Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my budy has a lt450 with a pipe and cherry bomb and is putting another $1400.00 in to it and will not tell me what he is doing to it. i have the big 3 with the dmc also getting the motor stroked by kenz to a 6mm, h.c. piston, port worck and cams all on a stock bore also going +6 on the swing arm (07 rappy) he wants 3 races in the sand and 3 in the dirt. how fast are the lt450?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
They are pretty quick. When I was looking for a new bike I test rode one and it was fast, the reason I ended up not getting it was because I liked the style of the 700 alot more. I say if they are evenly modded it will be the rider who determines the race. now not knowing what he is doing to the bike its a coin toss. He might go big he might not, guess you'll have to race him to find out. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Jdog said:
he wants 3 races in the sand and 3 in the dirt.
If he gets 3 in the sand and 3 in the dirt, 3 on pavement should also be included.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I have a differnt take on the LTR's--- there a good track bike but at the dunes they have not impressed me. My 700R when it had just the 3 mods easily outran the piped LTR's at boxcar in coos bay and comp at florence as well as the couple I ran up against at dune fest at Winchester bay.

With a 6mil stroke stock bore Kenz build your not going to find many 4 stroke quads that will outrun you at your local riding spots if you can ride it well and get the power to the ground. Talk to Mark H at Kenz on set up tips and gearing for running your buddy in the sand, you will definitly have the advantage there as with proper set up and a good set of 22 x 11 x 8 haulers and a +6 arm you will be able to leave hard and run off and hid from that LTR. 1400.00 in internal mods don't get you much on a 450.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool you guys rock thank you it will be fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.