Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ceramic coating is fukkin peeling off the header pipes, this is a piss off and looks like shitt too, u think i should take a pic and send it to looney tunes? u think they should stand behind this? anybody else experience this, i got the pipes in october and i got like 20 hours on em or so, give me some advice

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
LTE stands behind their products, call and talk to Kristen, let her know what's going on, have some pics ready just in case; they are good business people, and she told me they have never had a problem with coating before. I personally believe they will stand behind it. Post some pics if you can< want to see what the ceramic coating looks like, still haven't seen a good resolution pic of what it is suppose to look like.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd call them and ask them what there waranty on the coating is, sounds like it should last more then 6 month's.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have seen ceramic coating come off on various different pipes such as Ron Wood ( rust came thru and pushed coating off ) I even scratched 1 one time with my fiberglass flag by reinserting the mast into the holder. The pipe was pretty hot at the time but that really ticked me off !!! I have seen it come off the welds also. I would say just stick to the stainless steel you can always repolish it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sooo it almost isnt even worth paying the extra for ceramic coating, thats a piss off!!! and if they do decide to exchange/replace i will have to hunt down my stock exhaust which im not sure even exists still, so that is gonna mean "down time" what a piss off

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
You must live in Portland...they told me the same thing.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
What did they say? Did you call them?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Ceramic coating on my CT got dull after a while but it never flaked or peeled even after being red-hot. I'm inclined to think it's the application process or a problem with it that caused the issue and not the principal of the coating itself. Ceramic coating is used on lots of high temp applications with a good success rate and durable reputation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.