Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the two products I listed in the subject line, and what do you think about them? Anyone heard both of these pipes and can tell me the differenence in sound? Which one actually looks the best on the bike? Your opinions would be great! :eek:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
DMC Looks better in my opinion , DMC has a lot more in stock (last time I checked they had well over a hundred thew my distrib), DMC doesn't take months to ship out exhaust. :lol:

Seriously either one would be good for your raptor 700. Exhaust systems really don't make as much of a difference as everyone lets on. Tuning is most important and getting HP to the ground. If you decide to go with DMC let me know I can hook you up! If you decide to go with LTE hit up another site sponsor who has them in stock, so you don't have to wait 3 weeks plus more if you want ceramic coating.

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
I have neither (yet) but IMO the DMCs look better but I hear the LTEs perform, or should perform, slightly better than the DMCs because of how the pipes are run. The LTEs have equal length pipes that run on both sides of the quad whereas DMCs are run on the same side of the bike. This shouldn't make that much of a difference when tuned correctly, but as of now LTE tunes are more easily had than DMCs, but I don't expect that to be the case for too much longer...

·
Registered
213 Posts
DMCs are sick... the power from stock to filter, intake lid and pipes was like going from a 686cc to a 800cc. I love em, they sound great as well. Im sure the LTEs are just as amazing though, i dont think you would be dissapointed with either, honestly i would go by whichever ones you like the looks / sound of because i beleive that the power difference would be pretty subtle.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks wise I like the DMC's more but I have heard the power is slightly better on the LTE's although a horsepower or two wouldnt change my mind on getting the DMC's cause they are hot!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your responses. I like them both just not sure which one I want. I know I'm going with the PCIII and the Prodesign K&N intake, just stumbed on which exhaust. Anyone have pic of these two exhaust on there bikes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
btac said:
Thanks for all of your responses. I like them both just not sure which one I want. I know I'm going with the PCIII and the Prodesign K&N intake, just stumbed on which exhaust. Anyone have pic of these two exhaust on there bikes.
just put mine on yesterday, heres the link for pics.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=9569.0

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Buck said:
I have neither (yet) but IMO the DMCs look better but I hear the LTEs perform, or should perform, slightly better than the DMCs because of how the pipes are run. The LTEs have equal length pipes that run on both sides of the quad whereas DMCs are run on the same side of the bike. This shouldn't make that much of a difference when tuned correctly, but as of now LTE tunes are more easily had than DMCs, but I don't expect that to be the case for too much longer...
It has nothing to do with the tune. All the facts show that the LTE, just perform better... PERIOD. Lets not give people false hope here. I think the DMC are of higher quality though.

·
3,031 Posts
btac said:
What may make up your mind on which one to get is the fact that the LTEs have to be dented in order to fit around the rear shock reservior on 07 models. That may be the reason I go with the DMC duals, less hassle with the fitment, I heard they fit amazingly...just my 2 cents though

·
3,031 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
It has nothing to do with the tune. All the facts show that the LTE, just perform better... PERIOD. Lets not give people false hope here. I think the DMC are of higher quality though.
Actually Im pretty sure the quality of tune has a lot to do with it. Ok maybe they are slightly better performance wise, but what I was saying is that with the right EFI tune the performance from the DMC duals should be better than most singles out and be pretty close to the performance of the LTEs. Not only do they look better, but they come with less hassle than the LTEs, i.e. fitment on 07s etc... Its easy to see who runs LTEs on here..... I have neither, yet, but I will be getting one or the other eventually and I have an 07 so the DMCs are more appealing due to looks and ease of fitment. LTE owners can have that extra 1 or whatever HP, If I was that picky on the type of horsepower difference I would be going Big Bore, but Im not so I think the difference in the two is miniscule enough to say that DMCs are the better choice , at least for 07 owners who arent really going to be competing or looking to go big bore etc..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buck said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
Actually Im pretty sure the quality of tune has a lot to do with it. Ok maybe they are slightly better performance wise, but what I was saying is that with the right EFI tune the performance from the DMC duals should be better than most singles out and be pretty close to the performance of the LTEs. Not only do they look better, but they come with less hassle than the LTEs, i.e. fitment on 07s etc... Its easy to see who runs LTEs on here..... I have neither, yet, but I will be getting one or the other eventually and I have an 07 so the DMCs are more appealing due to looks and ease of fitment. LTE owners can have that extra 1 or whatever HP, If I was that picky on the type of horsepower difference I would be going Big Bore, but Im not so I think the difference in the two is miniscule enough to say that DMCs are the better choice , at least for 07 owners who arent really going to be competing or looking to go big bore etc..
Thats a great way to put it. I had no idea that you had to dent and bend the LTE's, so I'm stearing more toward the DMC's

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
I've had several different exhaust systems on my YFZ all were supposed to be the best all were about the same after I spent a day of tuning. My friends can back me up on that. Each forum has a favorite exhaust. YFZcentral its the nmotion , Trx450rhq its the Rossier, LTR450hq its the DASA , Here its the LTE ... all i'm saying is if you installed both exhaust on the same Raptor and tuned it to the best of your ability then you wont be able to noticed the difference.

·
Registered
213 Posts
kbm450 said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
I've had several different exhaust systems on my YFZ all were supposed to be the best all were about the same after I spent a day of tuning. My friends can back me up on that. Each forum has a favorite exhaust. YFZcentral its the nmotion , Trx450rhq its the Rossier, LTR450hq its the DASA , Here its the LTE ... all i'm saying is if you installed both exhaust on the same Raptor and tuned it to the best of your ability then you wont be able to noticed the difference.
HAHA! so true! every forum about every topic gets an idea about a certain product rolling like a snowball, and before you know it, according to www.someforum.com, product XYZ is the best there is, no if's and's or but's! Same thing was happening when i was always on the cobra forums, each one preferred a different supercharger as a whole... kinda weird if you tihnk about it.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
kbm450 said:
Here its the LTE ... all i'm saying is if you installed both exhaust on the same Raptor and tuned it to the best of your ability then you wont be able to noticed the difference.

I totally disagree with that statement, call rocket factory or Kenz cycle tech, the guys that dyno tune lots of 700R's
and ask them what brand of in frame duals make the best power over the broadest curve and what they reccomend.
Tuning to the best of one's ability can mean different things to different people the best state of tune your going to get is with a PCIII mapped on the dyno using a wide band sensor and the dyno jet tuning link software.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
kbm450 said:
Here its the LTE ... all i'm saying is if you installed both exhaust on the same Raptor and tuned it to the best of your ability then you wont be able to noticed the difference.

I totally disagree with that statement, call rocket factory or Kenz cycle tech, the guys that dyno tune lots of 700R's
and ask them what brand of in frame duals make the best power over the broadest curve and what they reccomend.
Tuning to the best of one's ability can mean different things to different people the best state of tune your going to get is with a PCIII mapped on the dyno using a wide band sensor and the dyno jet tuning link software.
9 times out of ten (not saying rocket factory or kenz does this), but whatever makes best HP on the dyno makes the most profit from selling. Dyno's should only be used for tuning purposes . depending on tire size, engine temp, humidity you can easily drop 1-2 hp or gain 1-2 hp. The best thing to do when picking out an exhaust system is to buy whatever you think looks the best on your bike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
kbm450 said:
9 times out of ten (not saying rocket factory or kenz does this), but whatever makes best HP on the dyno makes the most profit from selling. Dyno's should only be used for tuning purposes . depending on tire size, engine temp, humidity you can easily drop 1-2 hp or gain 1-2 hp. The best thing to do when picking out an exhaust system is to buy whatever you think looks the best on your bike.
The majority of Kenz business is by word of mouth. Which is derived by their reputation for making some of the highest horsepower Raptor's out there. I can guarantee you that Parts Gross Profit percentage has nothing to do with what their dyno says. If it makes the most pony's, that's what they'll tell you. As for Ken's opinion, I asked him what he thought about LTE's versus DMC's a week ago. His comment's were that the LTE's made more power overall. The DMC's fit a little better and he personally thought they sounded better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
kbm450 said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
I agree with you...don´t care what the "supposed" dyno curves say

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
RAPTORAZ said:
kbm450 said:
The majority of Kenz business is by word of mouth. Which is derived by their reputation for making some of the highest horsepower Raptor's out there. I can guarantee you that Parts Gross Profit percentage has nothing to do with what their dyno says. If it makes the most pony's, that's what they'll tell you. As for Ken's opinion, I asked him what he thought about LTE's versus DMC's a week ago. His comment's were that the LTE's made more power overall. The DMC's fit a little better and he personally thought they sounded better.
Kenz knows his stuff he is very popular around the forums and off the internet. I'm not trying to argue or say one exhaust is better than the other. I'm basically saying they are the same and tuning makes the biggest difference. If I ever need to get my head ported I would send it off to Kenz, Rossier or Venom. Exhaust systems will always be the same in my eyes. I would go for quality, looks, and customer support before I go with the one that is supposed to offer the most HP on any given atv.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
RaptorRandy did a dyno with the Dynojet tuning link software and a wide band sensor. His made peak HP of 50.44 RWHP and 48 ft lbs TQ and was still pulling 48 RWHP at 7000 RPM with a real broad flat curve. (with LTE's) So far LTE's will remain more powerful until proven guilty by a DMC dyno... ;)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts