Raptor Forum banner

Does the LTE dual exhaust get to hot and burn your'e legs?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for dual exhaust. I cant decide to go with the LTE or DMC. Are the performance gains the same? Is there a Heat sheild for the LTE's?

·
Registered
815 Posts
man just do a search if you are wanting to compare the DMC and the LTE.....there are a few threads on the forum, that go IN DEPTH on comparing the two..... you will find that they are pretty equal, the LTE's hold on to the power a little bit longer than the DMC's..... so some say that the LTE's are a LITTLE better, but you probably wouldnt even be able to tell then difference while riding....
My LTE's have not burned my legs at all.... i wore wind pants one day i went riding ALL DAY (abt 8 hrs of riding) and when i got home i noticed that the right leg of the wind pants was burned a little....

Plattner

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a heat shield for them. As to your question on whether they burn your legs. Come on now, all exhausts are hot. I'm sure if you hold your leg there long enough, it will burn. But there are people on here that have the LTE's and say that they don't have a problem with their leg getting too close and getting burnt. So it depends on your riding style to, as to if you keep your legs hugging the gas tank the whole time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.