Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the LTE has solved the problem on the midpipe not fitting on the SE? Several months ago I bought my LTE's and tried to install them on my 07 SE and had to beat the Hell out of it to make it fit. I wonder if I took this pipe off (that I had to pancake) if they would send me a properly bend one that would fit? Has anyone came across this or contacted LTE about this problem, Thanks,,

·
Registered
234 Posts
digitalhearing said:
Does anyone know if the LTE has solved the problem on the midpipe not fitting on the SE? Several months ago I bought my LTE's and tried to install them on my 07 SE and had to beat the Hell out of it to make it fit. I wonder if I took this pipe off (that I had to pancake) if they would send me a properly bend one that would fit? Has anyone came across this or contacted LTE about this problem, Thanks,,
from what i hear. some guys had to turn their shock res. upside down to make them fit. you might have to have the shock resealed

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
digitalhearing said:
Yes the problem has been fixed, they come with a factory dimple in the left mid pipe to clear the ressi. like what they put in automotive headers for clearance for spark plugs, bolts,etc.

Give LTE a call, they have great customer service, I'm sure they would be more than happy to exchange it for you.

Here's the link to the number to call to get a return authorization
http://www.lteracing.com/contact.htm

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link, I just called and talked to Mary at LTE, she was going to talk to the "tech" and call me back, I told that I would be the happiest if they could send me a new midpipe for that side and I could send the old one back. Perfect timing seeings I get my new 734 kit this week :) I'll let everyone know what they are doing...GG

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to Jeremy at LTE and he took my info and called back. He asked me to send in the midpipe and they would inspect it and re-ceramic coat it and send it back to me. He said the problem is that the Ceramic coating company is in Southern California and they are sending out a batch of pipes to be coated this week and it takes "awhile". In a nice way, i let him know that I probably wouldn't do that cause I didn't want my quad down for 2 weeks. I asked if an exchange could be made instead of re-coating my beat to hell one, he said that is probably what they would do but no guarantee's. Another problem is that when I modified it with the hammer, it bent the bracket that holds the heat shield and it's at a bad enough angle that it won't hold a screw and the shield. A new piece is definatley not too much to ask I don't think. I guess it's up to me to have enough faith to send my midpipe knowing it took 43 days to get my original pipes due to a slow ceramic coating process. :3question: :3question: AS frustrated as I am, I still LOVE my LTE's

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
As soon as I get my LTE's there off to get coated :thumbsup: I thought it would have been more time efficent to get the coating when they showed up.. But i should have had them do it.. O well atleast it is winter :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
digitalhearing said:
I talked to Jeremy at LTE and he took my info and called back. He asked me to send in the midpipe and they would inspect it and re-ceramic coat it and send it back to me. He said the problem is that the Ceramic coating company is in Southern California and they are sending out a batch of pipes to be coated this week and it takes "awhile". In a nice way, i let him know that I probably wouldn't do that cause I didn't want my quad down for 2 weeks. I asked if an exchange could be made instead of re-coating my beat to hell one, he said that is probably what they would do but no guarantee's. Another problem is that when I modified it with the hammer, it bent the bracket that holds the heat shield and it's at a bad enough angle that it won't hold a screw and the shield. A new piece is definatley not too much to ask I don't think. I guess it's up to me to have enough faith to send my midpipe knowing it took 43 days to get my original pipes due to a slow ceramic coating process. :3question: :3question: AS frustrated as I am, I still LOVE my LTE's
I thought the LTE's didnt come with heat shields

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
btac said:
digitalhearing said:
I thought the LTE's didnt come with heat shields

They have heat shields on the mid pipes where your legs get close.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes and a sturdy bracket with a nut welded on. If you bend that bracket it is amost impossible to bend back. Stainless steel seems to be incredibly strong, at least the stuff LTE uses. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts