Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think I have a stock motor with a intake and a pcIII and slip on gytr.Do you think with a stock motor there is much more power out of duals compared with a good single pipe system and do you think I willl se alot more power then I have know with my set up.Also could difference be the maping.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You would not see a lot, seeing that you have the GYTR slip on just get the GYTR header and save your money. Do you have an intake, what brand?

·
Registered
793 Posts
From researching like I did ... there is a big difference. LTE has the best curve. If you dont think its a difference then go race one.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
There is not a a "big difference", the LTE does have the best curve. He already has the GYTR slip on and for $200 more he could get the full system. If he was starting from scratch and wanted the best performance I would suggest the LTE, but that is not the case. He will not get a large gain by dropping $800 for LTE's. His money would be better spent somewhere else, like an intake, header, head work, and larger piston like VelociRaptor has done.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hey wouldn't drop no where close to 800.00 on the LTE's if he ordered them threw a site sponsor... However, since you already have the slip on I would just get a head pipe if you really want a full system.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you think I will notice the power gain with a header or go with another full system how much more power over the yamaha one and yes I have a gytr intake thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
KB is right the LTE's are less than 800 if you don't get ceramic coated ones, that is my bad I always figure that in. You should also check with the sponsors for parts, they offer great deals to members.

I just think you will notice more difference by spending $200 on the header and spending the other 450ish on either head work or suspension. The LTE's have a better curve and if you are going to do major engine work like a big bore kit you would be happy with them, but I just don' think they would be the best bang for your dollar at this point. Talk to VelociRaptor he had his head worked and a 11:1 piston and is putting down more power than you would just by adding LTE's. I am not sure what the total build cost would be, but he could help you there as well.

I money is not an issue than I would just get the LTE’s. I was just trying to tell you the best HP per dollar for you at this point. You might be able to sell that slip on and just use that toward the LTE’s. If nothing better comes out between now and when it gets warm I know I personally am going to do the LTE’s. Put in your current situation I would just get the header and save the rest to upgrade my suspension, but then I am not as power hungry as some.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I guess I read to quickly .. I was thinking he was asking is there a difference in full system. From what I have read yes big difference. Just the slip on Im not sure. How hard is it to sell the slip on anyways? Not hard at all

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a GYTR slip on first. Then I added the gytr header and really could not tell much or any difference at all. I then went with the LTE's and now that made a difference! The gytr is a good pipe, had very good bottom/mid snap.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would just get the gytr header. I have ridden a raptor with similiar mods to mine and the lte's and it didnt feel a hair faster then mine. Im not saying it didnt have a few more hp but I didnt feel them at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts