Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone be so kind to post a video of their LTE's? Everyone said the video on youtube doesn't do them justice........

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I agree.. You tube video doesnt do too much for it. Would like to see a video with some "real" riding! Maybe even a comparison between quiet cores, and no quiet cores.. I wanna order but would love to see some more videos or something so it doesnt hurt so much spendin that 650-700

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll post something if I ever get them. Been waiting since 12/13

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im guessing you ordered from keneth also........... yep been waiting about as long as you have. It was almost worth paying full price. I think mine come in tomarrow, or what he said. Hopfully yall can teach me how to post a video when those cannons come in...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you order the regular or ceramic coated? I ordered the ceramic coated and I finally got tired of getting no answers from Ken. :mad:
So, I got a hold of someone at LTE direct. The good news is that they do have my order. :grin_nod:
The bad news is she told me probably another 3-4 weeks. :bs: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't buy the stainless but I talked to kenneth last week and he told me mine should be in tomarrow... do I believe that, no. Really frustrating because I took off all of my stock exhaust b/c I though the pipes would be here alot sooner so now I have a raptor sitting in pieces that I can't ride..... :mad: Those LTE's better sound good for this :grin_nod:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've been reading the forums and he's been saying this week for the last 3 weeks. When I originally ordered them he said that I should have them between xmas and new years. The thing that really pisses me off is that he gave me some sort of crap about taking a credit card and asked if I could paypal him the money. So being a dumb a$$, I used paypal and sent him the cash. Knowing that it was going to take this long, I wouldn't have done that. I could have called around and seen if anyone else could get them. What does he care now? He has his money and we're stuck with nothing. I know that I'll never order from him again....regardless of the price. You don't misinform your customers like that....its bad business! He has still not been honest about anything regarding my order. Keeps saying this week...this week....without doing any followup with LTE. Here's the e-mail I received from LTE on the 10th:

Yes, those pipes are on order from KB. We are currently on back order with the ceramic Rapt 700. We informed KB of that at the time of ordering. They will not be back instock for 3 to 4 weeks. If you have any questions, please email us [email protected] or call 707-485-7438.

Thank you,
Kristen
Looney Tuned Exhaust

I think he knew.......he just wanted the money now and knew alot of people wouldn't order if they knew of such a delay. Going by that LTE e-mail, I should have mine by the middle of February. :bs:
Well at least they're on order and its out of KBs hand now.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'll send the factroy an e-mail and see how long the non ceramic are going to be. Keneth said on my front doorstep today! :lol:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you and me will have the same exaxct setup though once they get here.... :banghead:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
For those of you getting the raw stainless factory finish, just a heads up so you won't be totally disapointed after waiting for so long--- the head and mid pipes are not pretty in raw form but if you don't mind putting a little elbow grease into it you can use double ought or triple ought steel wool and mothers and polish them up like chrome or better yet if you have a bench grinder get a polishing wheel and some green polishing rouge and really make them shine. I did mine this way and they look better than the ceramic coated IMHO. The down side is you have to maintain them to keep them looking like new. I only ride mine in the sand so between trips I pull them off and polish them back up on the rouge wheel and they look like i had them plated.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You sound surprised!!! :wtf:

·
Registered
216 Posts
it did sound like he was going a little easy.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
May just be "video sound" but do you still have the throttle stop screw set in?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts