Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here had an issue with the caliper putting a dent in their LTE's or any pipe for that matter. I meet a dude today that smashed his LTE. Before I go putting down that much loot I just wanted to know if anyone else heard of this or may know of a fix. Although for all I know the guy's suppension may not have been set up right for it to bottom out like that.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I have heard of a few guys denting there LTE's and a few of the single pipes but it really take a hard bottoming out. I have bottomed mine out prety hard and have had no issues with my Yoshi. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have heard of the LTE's hitting the rear caliper too. Its not just the LTE's though....its some of the singles too. If you notice, the LTE's are mounted lower and they are a round can. The stocker is an oval can that is tucked up nice an high.

This was ONE reason I went with the TBR. Same shape, and its mounted high. It CAN'T hit the caliper....I have tried.

Some of the other singles that are not oval are just fine too, as they are mounted high. But the LTE's for sure can hit the rear caliper on a bottom out type hit.

It wouldnt steer me away from them though, they are very nice exhausts, perform excellent and sound awesome! I would however dial my rear suspension in to avoid that happening! $800+ (ceramic coated) for a set of pipes is a lot of money!

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Mine has bumped the DG Bullet a couple of times. No biggie though, got a buddy thats still got the stocker on and his does the same thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just installed my LTE's and went to the dunes this weekend. I had a few harder than expected landings and created a small dent in my can, about a dime in size and less than a quarter of an inch deep. No big deal to me, and I received nothing but praise about my duals from the other duners. I recommend the LTE's.

DJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
On the stock exhaust and with the Two Bros slipon I had no problems ever hitting the can on the caliper. With my Lte on a mid to large jump with a flat landing I put a small dent in the Lte can. Suspension is stock and I go about 220 lbs. This is not something to keep you away from Lte's as I love mine and they look awesome. Just something to keep in mind if you do big have some hard landings you might want to adjust your suspension accordingly.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
I Pounded both silencers this weekend one on the caliper and one on the chain/sprocket side So I called Randy @ LTE and for around $40. per side he will replace the outer skins... a deal in my book

When my bike gets back from Kenz here shortly...I'll be sending them off to get rebuilt and then a few hours on the polishing wheel and bang...............perfection again!!!!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Shredder770 said:
I Pounded both silencers this weekend one on the caliper and one on the chain/sprocket side So I called Randy @ LTE and for around $40. per side he will replace the outer skins... a deal in my book

When my bike gets back from Kenz here shortly...I'll be sending them off to get rebuilt and then a few hours on the polishing wheel and bang...............perfection again!!!!!!!!

Mike
Dont you have an extended swinger? Couldnt that have something to do with it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
so if i dont jump then i shouldnt worry about puttin a dent in the can correct?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
rockinfigs said:
so if i dont jump then i shouldnt worry about puttin a dent in the can correct?
If you have an extended swingarm then you need to get the rear shock set up for it or you will make contact with the muffler on the LTE's. If your going to jump and get mega air with the stock swing arm as long as your not a real heavy guy--like 200 and up then you should be ok. Since I got the preload dialed in on mine I have not had the problem of hitting the muffler on the right side of my LTE's, but I don't get big air on purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Dont you have an extended swinger? Couldnt that have something to do with it.

I haven't seen Mike in person yet but the guys at Kenz said he is one big dude, so that coupled with the fact he's got an extended swingarm would account for his mufflers hitting. I saw the bike when I was down there and I got to say, when he bottomed out he done er good.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i hit my CT but i also have a lowering kit on my to.but that all off now and im in the process of saving for the ltes,among other things

·
Registered
815 Posts
Installed my LTE's last weekend... went riding the past few days.... have not hit the brake calliper yet.... i am about 280lbs.... but like i said i have been riding a lot lately.. .and have done some just stupid jumps... but no dents yet....

Plattner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts