Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my lte's I will be sending them back on monday .They are the wrost looking pipes I have ever seen no power gain is worth this.The way the pipes are cut then weld back is stupid they say that they are tapered to help exhaust flow but it is so little taper if any it is not worth the look .They look like I made them in the barn and ceramic coating would not help and they say on there web site that they weigh 5 lbs litter then stock no way.Maybe the power is great but what I payed for these things $700 I think they should look better let me know what you think about them thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I got mine today too. I think you should send your's back. That'll be one more person at the hill for me to beat. :grin_nod:

Mine go on tomorrow along with a Fuel Moto programmed PCIII. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
sanbullet said:
just got my lte's I will be sending them back on monday .They are the wrost looking pipes I have ever seen no power gain is worth this.The way the pipes are cut then weld back is stupid they say that they are tapered to help exhaust flow but it is so little taper if any it is not worth the look .They look like I made them in the barn and ceramic coating would not help and they say on there web site that they weigh 5 lbs litter then stock no way.Maybe the power is great but what I payed for these things $700 I think they should look better let me know what you think about them thank you

I think you over reacting a little here. You got the raw stainless so yes there not pretty but if you want to take the time to polish them with some double ought fine steel wool and mothers they'll shine up like chrome, that's the beauty of stainless. Once there on the bike and your looking at the whole package they will look a lot better. Once you load the map I sent you and ride it you'll be humpin the tail pipe as soon as it cools off ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe I am over reacting ITS just the welds bother me do you notic them when there installed that much.Also is the install easy and do you worrry about melting anything like plastics or wires and one more ? do you think I will notic a big power gain over what I have know which is pcIII intake and slip on thanks for the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
I to ordered the stainless with the intent of having them ceramic coated here locally. Does anyone know would it be possible to chrome or powdercoat them without ruining the properties of the exhaust or is the ceramic coating similar to a chrome look?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
If you use the enclosed insulated wire guards you won't have any problems with burning wires. I thought the install was fairly routine and straight forward if you have a good mechanical apptitude you won't have any problems installing the pipes. I have heard some say both the lTE's and the DMC install was a real bitch and have others say just the opposite so I guess it just depends on your perspective.

I am sure your going to notice a good increase in power. Slip ons really don't do much on the 700R I ran the phoenix sparky on mine modded stock exhaust (works nearlt as well as a slip on) with the PCIII and the GYT-R with no lid on the air box and when I went to the LTE's and had the custom map done Wow what a difference :thumbsup:

Put em on and run em if your still not happy then send em back, I'll be willing to bet you end up keeping them though ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
FlatStateRacing said:
I to ordered the stainless with the intent of having them ceramic coated here locally. Does anyone know would it be possible to chrome or powdercoat them without ruining the properties of the exhaust or is the ceramic coating similar to a chrome look?

You could do either chroming or ceramic coating, neither will hurt them. I don't think powder coating will hold up on exhaust though. The ceramic coating to me looks like a slightly shiner version of high heat silver paint. I just don't care for it especially after it starts to yellow in 6 months or so.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
I forgot all about Lowriding being able to Vibratory polish them. I like that a lot better than ceramic coating :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
I forgot all about Lowriding being able to Vibratory polish them. I like that a lot better than ceramic coating :thumbsup:
Thanks! for future reference.. i can do this everone..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
FlatStateRacing said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
I forgot all about Lowriding being able to Vibratory polish them. I like that a lot better than ceramic coating :thumbsup:
That makes two of us, he'll definitely be getting my LTE's when they show up.
thanks guys.. pass the word on.. i can do most anything aluminum or stainless that will fit in the polisher..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
One thing that I noticed with the set that is on a dealer's bike... once they are heated, you don't notice the welds much anymore because all of the pipe turns to the darker color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
JJ46 said:
One thing that I noticed with the set that is on a dealer's bike... once they are heated, you don't notice the welds much anymore because all of the pipe turns to the darker color.
Thats like saying when you're drunk you don't notice how ugly you're women is ::)

Those welds really do look shite, don't they.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Well I guess if that ugly woman was better in bed than anything else "on the market" then hey it's a trade off. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
Yeah ha baby...sweet, go ahead and send em back, this will make one more set available for another person, who really does want them...like ME!
 
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Top