Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
My LTE's sit ontop of the crank case... on the left side of the motor.... thats the only place they touch the motor... I was worried about the pipes sitting on the crank case... and i talked to many guys, and they all said to not worry about it... just make sure that you put the little covers on (the pieces that protect the wires)... this way you dont burn the wires...

Plattner

Mpeavler - the pipes will only go on one way... there is no way to even get the head pipe on on the wrong side...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Again...I don't have any...I thought I read somewhere last night or the day before you can install them backwards? Someone was talking about the poor directions etc etc...

My bad....again I don't even own a set :unsure:
M

·
Registered
899 Posts
plattner said:
My LTE's sit ontop of the crank case... on the left side of the motor.... thats the only place they touch the motor... I was worried about the pipes sitting on the crank case... and i talked to many guys, and they all said to not worry about it... just make sure that you put the little covers on (the pieces that protect the wires)... this way you dont burn the wires...

Plattner

Mpeavler - the pipes will only go on one way... there is no way to even get the head pipe on on the wrong side...

·
Registered
32 Posts
polishing, coating, black smoke, rubbing the motor, dents....what else with this exhaust???? :'(

·
Registered
783 Posts
I doubt it will rub though but a vibration noise is a serious possibility. Have you tried to loosen the mounting bolts and adjust the pipe for clearance??? I have no touching on my LTEs whatsoever. Nor does my buddy which I installed his as well........

·
Registered
815 Posts
i have checked my pipes many times like where they rub.... bcs i was worried about the heat burning in on the crankcase.... but i have checkec MANY times... and no probs so far..... the pipes sit on the crankcase, so there is like NO rattling noise or anything.... i mean they are against it pretty tight.... but no they dont rattle at all....

Plattner

·
Registered
669 Posts
just add one more ding :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
And how much are these pipes thare are so much better, that you have to beat the shit out of, and spend two days polishing or spend more money getting coated, so they don't look like a blind monkey welded em, and are rubbing the enging,cost?????? :confused: I sure am glad the lte spent all there R&D time makeing a few more ponys instead of aaaa makeing them fit the bike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I was just thinking out loud. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
hammer700r said:
And how much are these pipes thare are so much better, that you have to beat the shit out of, and spend two days polishing or spend more money getting coated, so they don't look like a blind monkey welded em, and are rubbing the enging,cost?????? :confused: I sure am glad the lte spent all there R&D time makeing a few more ponys instead of aaaa makeing them fit the bike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how people constantly complain about having to beat a dent in them, if you have a clearance issue order them with the dimple already put in the header, problem solved. As far as welds and coating that's personal preference if you don't like them don't buy them. I personally am glad that they spent their R&D making more horsepower than worrying about if they look good to everyone. Everyone on this forum should be aware of the LTE's as there are more than enough threads on this topic. It's like a broken record with everyone that doesn't like them just repeating what the last guy just posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine did exactly what yours did, they hit the case on the top left side a c-hair after the second bend, I think it was installer error because after I saw what was happening I loosened all the bolts, used a fatty screwdriver between the pipe and case for a spacer, rotated the head pipe up, grabbed the whole thing and moved it everywhichway just to make sure it would shift where it needed to be tightned everything, starting with the head flange. I have been on 3 weekend trips since then and it is still where it needs to be. easy fix I thought. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
FlatStateRacing said:
hammer700r said:

I love how people constantly complain about having to beat a dent in them, if you have a clearance issue order them with the dimple already put in the header, problem solved. As far as welds and coating that's personal preference if you don't like them don't buy them. I personally am glad that they spent their R&D making more horsepower than worrying about if they look good to everyone. Everyone on this forum should be aware of the LTE's as there are more than enough threads on this topic. It's like a broken record with everyone that doesn't like them just repeating what the last guy just posted.
Hey thats fine don't mean to sound like a broken record but on my brand new 07 se I would rather have something that makes good power and still looks good and I don't have to make fit. Sure the ltes make a little more hp but I ain't trying to shave time off my drag time I just want something that looks and sounds good and still performes well. Thats why my dmcs will be here next week. Hey to each his own. And besides ignorance is bliss. As long as I never ride a 700 with ltes the dmcs will be awesome to me. :grin_nod: 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldn't be so concearned with a couple of hp differance that was recorded on a dyno!!! That's not signifigant at all!!! If I paid 700+$$$ for a set of pipes, I would think they should have been tested for fit as well as function!! Don't even get me started on those butt ugly welds.. Those things are uglier than homemade cow shit on a mud fence!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
kinda like tinkerin wit lawnmowers n whatnot..mmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Carl Childers said:
I wouldn't be so concearned with a couple of hp differance that was recorded on a dyno!!! That's not signifigant at all!!! If I paid 700+$$$ for a set of pipes, I would think they should have been tested for fit as well as function!! Don't even get me started on those butt ugly welds.. Those things are uglier than homemade cow shit on a mud fence!!!
i agree with the welds but if u dont like them then dont get them i still am a fan of ltes over the dmc. welds dont mean anything as long as they dont leak..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.