Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting lte's so i am now looking at efi chips. the one lte offers is that good or do u sugest another one?

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
The one LTE offers is basically a Dobeck I believe. If not doing any big engine mods, I would suggest getting a Dobeck. They can be had for around $100. If going into some engine modifications, other than just adding larger cams, I have heard that the PCIII is recommended.

You may also check out www.efidude.com for a new ECU that just came out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
PCIII is the way to go if you want to do it right. If you are trying to do it on a budget, and dont think you will regret it later down the road then go with the doebeck.
I sure see a lot of people switching over though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
135boom said:
PCIII is the way to go if you want to do it right. If you are trying to do it on a budget, and dont think you will regret it later down the road then go with the doebeck.
Go with the dobeck.......
Believe me,I don't even know what the word budget means.Go with the dobeck its a great product,but then again its just a suggestion what do I know?I've only built my beautiful baby :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
king1313 said:
135boom said:
Believe me,I don't even know what the word budget means.Go with the dobeck its a great product,but then again its just a suggestion what do I know?I've only built my beautiful baby :thumbsup:
Kinda hard to beleive someone like yourself that dumps ooodles of money into lights and looks will cut a corner in performance and go with the doebeck! If you dont know what "budget" means, then you made a mistake...as there is no mistaking that the pcIII is hands down a better unit.
But whatever......what do I know....and what do all the engine builders know?

·
Registered
126 Posts
135boom said:
king1313 said:
135boom said:
Kinda hard to beleive someone like yourself that dumps ooodles of money into lights and looks will cut a corner in performance and go with the doebeck! If you dont know what "budget" means, then you made a mistake...as there is no mistaking that the pcIII is hands down a better unit.

I guess you answered your own question in a way..."Kinda hard to beleive", but very true. :thumbsup:
too each his own...I guess anyone who could'nt adjust there own settings would need a pcIII to get a program.I just wish we could race each other... :grin_nod:
Its all good bro.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
I doubt you can tell a difference between a well tuned Dobeck and a well tuned PCIII. Yes the PCIII can adjust to 250 RPM increments……I don’t know what increments the Dobeck does no one here has come up with that # yet but I don’t think you can physically tell the difference. I guess it depends on your definition of convenient…some like to plug in the laptop and some like to turn dials but we all read the plug and diagnose in our minds where the adjustment needs to be made. It wasn’t to long ago we were all pulling carbs and changing brass ….now we are closer than ever to optimum air/fuel with out getting our hands dirty and still we squabble …..Just ride and ride hard

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I'm going to stay out of this one. All I'm going to say is if you decide to go with the PCIII, I have a map that I'm more than happy to share with the LTE owners that is sure to put a smile on your face when you feel the power :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
I'm going to stay out of this one.
I don’t blame you but I respect your opinion. Do you think a person with the same mods can tell a difference between a dyno tuned Dobeck and a dyno tuned PCIII ?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
I'm going to stay out of this one.
I don’t blame you but I respect your opinion. Do you think a person with the same mods can tell a difference between a dyno tuned Dobeck and a dyno tuned PCIII ?
Thank you and I respect yours as well.

Honestly, on a stock machine with equal mods if they both have been dyno tuned then no, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The PCIII equiped quad might show a slight edge in the time it takes from a 4th gear roll on till the time it takes to hit the rev limiter on the dyno and may have a hair, and I mean a hair crisper throttle responce. If the dyno jet ignition module ever gets done :mad: Then the PCIII would have a distinct advantage even on a machine with the 3 basic mods. As has been mentioned before when doing the serious internal mods like 4 mil stroke 105.5 bore Oversize vavles, porting and polishing, high comp etc then the PCIII is a must have. At least untill the new controller from Lolachampcar and his people is proven then that is another option for those who want to try something different.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
also agreed!....so didnt we just go in a big circle.......The PCIII is indeed a better unit. You can "fine tune" it more, and I can almost guarantee a weekend rider or garage tuner can get there 700 running better with the PCIII then the doebeck. You would need a dyno to get the doebeck to run as good as a PCIII. ALSO, you will need a pcIII as soon as you do, do the engine mods. It leaves the door wide open to whatever. It also has the ignition module coming out soon. It also has the accel pump feature. It's also a proven computer, and a leading FI controller in the street bike world that has been using them a HELL of a lot longer than quads!.......and there FI sytems are more complex.
SO......how is saying the PCIII system is a "better" controller so far fetched again? Especially if "budget" is not in the picture....seems like a no-brainer to me.
I will also point out that how many PCIII's do you see for sale to "upgrade" to a doebeck?? Hmmmm....I have yet to see that....but always see the doebecks for sale! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The PC III is the way to go!

·
Registered
882 Posts
oli700 said:
I doubt you can tell a difference between a well tuned Dobeck and a well tuned PCIII. Yes the PCIII can adjust to 250 RPM increments……I don’t know what increments the Dobeck does no one here has come up with that # yet but I don’t think you can physically tell the difference. I guess it depends on your definition of convenient…some like to plug in the laptop and some like to turn dials but we all read the plug and diagnose in our minds where the adjustment needs to be made. It wasn’t to long ago we were all pulling carbs and changing brass ….now we are closer than ever to optimum air/fuel with out getting our hands dirty and still we squabble …..Just ride and ride hard
some like to add mods like quick shifters and wideband commanders

·
Registered
899 Posts
Talljess said:
oli700 said:
some like to add mods like quick shifters and wideband commanders
I hear ya…..no doubt its more versitile

·
Registered
899 Posts
135boom said:
also agreed!....so didnt we just go in a big circle.......The PCIII is indeed a better unit. You can "fine tune" it more, and I can almost guarantee a weekend rider or garage tuner can get there 700 running better with the PCIII then the doebeck. You would need a dyno to get the doebeck to run as good as a PCIII. ALSO, you will need a pcIII as soon as you do, do the engine mods. It leaves the door wide open to whatever. It also has the ignition module coming out soon. It also has the accel pump feature. It's also a proven computer, and a leading FI controller in the street bike world that has been using them a HELL of a lot longer than quads!.......and there FI sytems are more complex.
SO......how is saying the PCIII system is a "better" controller so far fetched again? Especially if "budget" is not in the picture....seems like a no-brainer to me.
I will also point out that how many PCIII's do you see for sale to "upgrade" to a doebeck?? Hmmmm....I have yet to see that....but always see the doebecks for sale! :thumbsup:
You must have a little penis.............................. :joke:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
.............I can post pics :grin_nod:

·
Registered
126 Posts
oli700 said:
135boom said:
You must have a little penis.............................. :joke:

:lol:...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts