Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
WIll they fit? I tried putting Raptor and yfz shocks on my 400ex and neither fit. I am sure there are alot of shocks out there that will fit with minor or no modifications but then someone has to be the test dummy for us. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
657 Posts
They are about 1" longer. I was gonna put a set on mine but my neighbor sold them right out from under me. Anything would fit with some modding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mounts actually look smaller than the raptors so I was just thinking put a couple of washers on each side and go. And they measure 16 1/2" from eye to eye and the raptors is 16 1/4" so you wouldn't lose any GC up front.

·
Registered
657 Posts
HAHA That guy must have measured wrong then. That was one reason I was getting the lowering kit.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
Well damn I must have measured wrong.
No, no, It would not suprise me that is was him. He is not too mechanically inclined if you know what I mean. HAHAHAHAHA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I think I am going to try a pair to see if I like them. Only thing that worries me is they seem a little stiff.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
The mounts actually look smaller than the raptors so I was just thinking put a couple of washers on each side and go.
Same thing with the trx450r shocks, I just dont know the measurments of them but they look like they would work also. Even the Fox resy shocks on the Predator look like they would work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've ridden a few LTRs and when those shocks are dialed in they are pretty awsome. That would be cool if they worked.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
I am deff getting some. And I will post how I like them.
Cool, let us know man.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well Heres The Scoop On The LTR450 Front Shocks!! Just Got Me A Pair A Dry Fitted Them To My Raptor And The Mounts Are Thinner Than Our Shocks. However Thats Nothing Some Bushings Or Washers On Each Side Can't Fix! The Big Problem Is The Piggy Back On The Left Side! The Coolant Rezzy In Right Smack In The Way Of The Piggy Back Rezzy! Although You Can Spin The Shocks Around Where The Piggy Back Rezzies Are Facing Forward On The Bike And Not Back! This Is Definatetly An Aquired Look But It Works Well That Way! This Is A Long Shock So You Low Riders Out There Might Not Like 4 That Reason.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
W69DY said:
good work bro. how about some pics that would be nice. thanks for your hard work.. WOODY
Ya, pics would be awesome!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried some off of my friends bike and liked them so I should have a pair by middle of next week. Oh yea and I mounted mine upside down so the rezzies could point backwards.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Rollin700Hard said:
Well Heres The Scoop On The LTR450 Front Shocks!! Just Got Me A Pair A Dry Fitted Them To My Raptor And The Mounts Are Thinner Than Our Shocks. However Thats Nothing Some Bushings Or Washers On Each Side Can't Fix! The Big Problem Is The Piggy Back On The Left Side! The Coolant Rezzy In Right Smack In The Way Of The Piggy Back Rezzy! Although You Can Spin The Shocks Around Where The Piggy Back Rezzies Are Facing Forward On The Bike And Not Back! This Is Definatetly An Aquired Look But It Works Well That Way! This Is A Long Shock So You Low Riders Out There Might Not Like 4 That Reason.
Know how to use caps or what? :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts