Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in the local napa yesterday and i saw and picked up this lucas oil additave. the stuff claims to mix w/ anything and extend the life of oil viscosity by like 50%. you just add 10-20% of your total oil fill. its suposto run w/ less engine noise and shift smother(not that it shifts hard). i havent put it in yet, just wanted to know if anyone else is using it?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Never used it in a bike, but we use it in most of our performance motors. Picked up oil pressure and HP on the engine dyno with no changes aside from adding Lucas.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The service manual seems to suggests no oil additives. And really, you're not going to get a huge HP gain from an additive.
Besides, if you're like most folks you'll be changing the oil after every couple of rides. Why spend money on an additive that's just going to get dumped?
Yamalube is pretty good stuff. I'd just stick with that.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I was going to try it years ago and the dude who sold me my Amsoil said " don't need it your running Amsoil"..I can't recall ever reading or hearing anyhting bad about it.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Forgot, if your manual does not tell you not to go ahead and try it.... 8)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
used full synthetic and about half of the recomended dosage of the lucas stuff. been on a few rides now and ive notices that the oil on the dipstick looks brand new. it also helped with the wierd noises coming from the motor that everyone talks about. im going to put the full dosage next time. its all good i guess

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Its not really an additives, we use it in my dads semi and it replaces a gallon so we use 10 gallons of Rotella and 1 gallon of Lucas, cant be bad, its thicker then fucking jello >.>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts