Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sounds stupid.. but anyone know what size socket the lugs are on the 2001 raptor 660? i gotta go get an impact socket for them but dont have the quad with me right now so cant figure out what the size is..

·
Registered
86 Posts
14mm :thumbsup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
why do you need to use an impact gun?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ajax660 said:
why do you need to use an impact gun?
i dont.. just faster

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I swap wheels out quite a bit, I soon learned the stock lugnuts were junk. Go with some stainless 17mm lugnuts from your local hardware store.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have bad experience with lug nuts on a warrior, the socket stripped them so bad I had to sledgehammer a 12mm on to get it off >.> the warrior sat outsite for 6 years lol taking it apart was a royal bitch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tightened mine down too much with an impact wrench and ended up having to order a new hub one time, so be careful

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jasonh660 said:
I tightened mine down too much with an impact wrench and ended up having to order a new hub one time, so be careful
got it, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
wow i would never want to replace a hub. Just cut the stud off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
wow i would never want to replace a hub. Just cut the stud off.
why? I got a nice used hub for 20 bucks and I didn't want it to look like shit

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You do know you could of gotten a new stud for $1.94 and just pounded the old one out and pounded this one in and be done...

·
Registered
86 Posts
oh, i thought you had to have a machine press to get them in... thanks for the tip

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
no, thats why it would have been esaier. It would have looked the exact same, but hey, now you have an extra hub.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Good ole hammer, and hopefully you didnt scrap old hub...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.