Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was going to go to the dunes and was about to change to paddles for the 1st time, i grabbed my 4waylug and none fit, i think the lug was 14mm, but i forgot, i'm at work right now so i can't get the manual to open, my pc has it blocked. i had went to pep boys but all the 4ways were to big. Does anyone know the size,and know where i can get a smaller 4way? maybe online?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,058 Posts
Why use a 4 way? Use a 3/8" ratchet and extension with 14mm socket, or if you want speed try an electric impact. A 4-way is not portable in the least bit either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
14mm and torque to 32-34 foot lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i'll just stick to that..... :thumbsup:
i didn't want to go impact since i may change tires at the location. :crazy:.and i'd have to stick the hose up my a$$, it's the only compressor i have!! :eek:
4 way, pretty portable, as far as fitting in my duffel bag ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
NICK said:
yeah, i'll just stick to that..... :thumbsup:
i didn't want to go impact since i may change tires at the location. :crazy:.and i'd have to stick the hose up my a$$, it's the only compressor i have!! :eek:
4 way, pretty portable, as far as fitting in my duffel bag ;)
Have to stick a hose up your a$$? 2 much info man. BTW he said electric, so I don't know what all this hose in your a$$ talk is all about :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
Flynbyu said:
Ditto...

I'm a Craftsman kinda guy.

~Brian
I am so sick of my Craftsman tools. I like the Powerbuilt tools that Checker sells. I bought an extension from there out of desperation and loved it, now I have a bunch of tools from them and have had zero problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Yea, you couldn't give me a craftman Ratchet........God they suck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:grin_nod: electric!, thank god! i guess i didn't read it 100%...well, that will save me some pushing :eek:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,058 Posts
scott011422 said:
Yea, you couldn't give me a craftman Ratchet........God they suck!
Well you can give them to me then, the only time I've broken a craftsman ratchet is when it's been left somewhere it could corrode and get dirty or when using a cheater bar. And all of those have been replaced free of charge.

Snap-on is nice, but outrageously expensive tools. The husky and gear wrench stuff I have seems to work pretty well, but they haven't been exposed to too much hardship yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
I don't use my ratchets all that much either, but even with casual use I can see the Craftsman sucks. I had the gears fall right out of one of the ratchets and the biggest problem I have is with the On Off switch flopping around. Nothing worse than having to go exchange a ratchet right in the middle of a project or smacking your knuckles when it switches directions on you. I just think they are over priced garbage and they don't even have a lifetime on the some of the tools like a torque wrench.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Maddog56 said:
scott011422 said:
Yea, you couldn't give me a craftman Ratchet........God they suck!
Well you can give them to me then, the only time I've broken a craftsman ratchet is when it's been left somewhere it could corrode and get dirty or when using a cheater bar. And all of those have been replaced free of charge.

Snap-on is nice, but outrageously expensive tools. The husky and gear wrench stuff I have seems to work pretty well, but they haven't been exposed to too much hardship yet.
just a FYI Husky bought out craftsman....they are the same tools really but husky has better handles and tend not to "slip"
but what do i care im a Snap-On guy so what do i know ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top