Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking into getting an HID conversion kit. I would highly recommend you to look at Lumens H6m 8000k kit. This kit is reasonably priced $125. It may also be cheaper in the USA. For the most part it is a plug and play system. There is only four wires that you have to splice into. The high and low beam wires..... both sides. Also mod your dust cover for the new wiring. The only thing that you have to watch out for when purchasing is..... make sure you ask for the digital slim ballasts. What came with my kit originally was the full size ballasts for a vehicle. Here are some pics after install....... HID1.jpg

HID2.jpg

HID3.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment about that photo. Those light are extremely bright. I like the fact that there is a high and a low beam. A lot of kits out there only have one setting. Also when you turn the lights on they dont take for ever to get bright. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pics. I mounted the ballasts behind the rad on the frame. Next time I have the hood off I will post a pic.:beer:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but I just put some hid's on mine. I got them off ddmtuning for $69 including shipping and a relay kit and I didn't have to splice into any wires. I don't have high/low, just one beam. Not trying to hijack, just puttin that out there since they're a little cheaper.

crappy cell phone pic:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Thanks for the comment about that photo. Those light are extremely bright. I like the fact that there is a high and a low beam. A lot of kits out there only have one setting. Also when you turn the lights on they dont take for ever to get bright. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pics. I mounted the ballasts behind the rad on the frame. Next time I have the hood off I will post a pic.:beer:
Cool man, I would appreciate it. :thumbsup: I would like the hi/lo option myself.

I've used the 6k 55wt DDMTuning kit before on a new car and they were a little finiky. A few times they would not turn on and I had to turn them off wait a little bit and then turn them on again hoping they would work. When the light did shine it was nice and bright. That only happened a few times in the 8 months I had them. Others have had no issues so it could've just been my set.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but I just put some hid's on mine. I got them off ddmtuning for $69 including shipping and a relay kit and I didn't have to splice into any wires. I don't have high/low, just one beam. Not trying to hijack, just puttin that out there since they're a little cheaper.

crappy cell phone pic:
View attachment 46987

You can definitely see the difference in the 8k bulb the op has and the (guessing here) 6k bulbs you're running. I like the 6k range myself a little more than the 8 as it seems to be a truer white.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant wait for the spring as well...... the lakes are getting a little dull.Bro you must be having a huge itch to ride. I need some nice technical trail. 6000K is a true white and the 8000K has a blue tint to it. When you look at the 6k and the 8k. 8k is easier on the eyes ....... but the light carries farther then the 6k. Having the high low is a great option. My buddy has the 6k and his is only the single beem. When mine is on low it puts out as much light as his........ then I turn high on and there is a considerable differance in range. The kit that I bought is also available 6000k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I cant wait for the spring as well...... the lakes are getting a little dull.Bro you must be having a huge itch to ride. I need some nice technical trail. 6000K is a true white and the 8000K has a blue tint to it. When you look at the 6k and the 8k. 8k is easier on the eyes ....... but the light carries farther then the 6k. Having the high low is a great option. My buddy has the 6k and his is only the single beem. When mine is on low it puts out as much light as his........ then I turn high on and there is a considerable differance in range. The kit that I bought is also available 6000k.
Huh I thought the lower the temp the more light output. Who knows, one thing is for sure, they're worlds better than stock!

·
Registered
415 Posts
i don't remember where, but i saw a thread where a guy had the 6k's and his buddy bought the 5k's and the 6's looked blue. i bought the 5k's and they are white white! i did one side then tested it and it was white as hell compared to the yellowish stock headlight. i can post some pics tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts