1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Re: Magazine article on DMZ system, c/w pics.

This system, says DMC, has been designed, tested and track-proven to blow away any aftermarket exhaust, with a 23% increase in torque and a 19% increase in horsepower.

Strictly a reprint of the MFG hype which is :bs:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I find that hard to believe too. Those are huge increases, something doesn't add up to me.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Re: Magazine article on DMZ system, c/w pics.

RaptorRandy27 said:
This system, says DMC, has been designed, tested and track-proven to blow away any aftermarket exhaust, with a 23% increase in torque and a 19% increase in horsepower.

Strictly a reprint of the MFG hype which is :bs:
Ya at 9800 RPM it makes 6HP instead of 5HP. The DMC seems to be a great pipe. As far as performance goes it's probably in the top three or so. But lets calm down on the claiming jeez.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Interesting about the ARS-FX shocks though. Custom Axis and ARS-FX have been in cahoots for a while now. All of the sudden ARS has their own shocks and they are throwing around Michael Hallock's name as the "suspension guru" for their shocks.

Michael Hallock is from Custom Axis, and he knows some shit about suspension.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Buck said:
The DMC pipes look a lot better than the LTEs IMO.
Fit and finish the DMC look a bit better (not a lot IMO), but for performance LTE's look better. Guess it depends on why you are buying an exhaust. Personally I want best performance, not best looks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
Fit and finish the DMC look a bit better (not a lot IMO), but for performance LTE's look better. Guess it depends on why you are buying an exhaust. Personally I want best performance, not best looks.
I don´t think there will be a big difference in performance between the DMCs and the LTEs...If you drag 2 bikes one with each system, it will probably win the one with a better EFI control Unit (setting??), pilot or some other factor...
I would say they give you pretty much the same performance, but the DMCs look and fit much much better, so thats a plus over the LTEs...just my opinion...

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Fea said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:
I don´t think there will be a big difference in performance between the DMCs and the LTEs...If you drag 2 bikes one with each system, it will probably win the one with a better EFI control Unit (setting??), pilot or some other factor...
I would say they give you pretty much the same performance, but the DMCs look and fit much much better, so thats a plus over the LTEs...just my opinion...

The big difference is in the curve, the LTE's have a broader, flatter curve and make more TQ and HP. Call Mark H at Kenz cycle tech and ask him, they do a lot of 700R dyno tuning and sell both the LTE's & DMC's

·
Registered
87 Posts
raptorrandy, do you think there is any benefit for the dmc over lte. for instance i do a lot of trail riding, and absolutely no dune riding (i wish but i live in ny). is there more low and mid range power with the dmc? also, the size of the muffler as far as hitting the brake caliper? i heard some people a while back saying the ltes might not be ideal for heavy trail riding

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:

I agree, looks don't get you to the top of the hill first but beauty is in the eye of the beerholder ;)

I personally like the looks of the LTE's when their all polished up much more than the DMC's

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:

I agree, looks don't get you to the top of the hill first but beauty is in the eye of the beerholder ;)

I personally like the looks of the LTE's when their all polished up much more than the DMC's
I agree I was just talking about Fit and Finish not the overall look. The DMC just have better fitment and finished look, they look like a solid design that would hold up very well. I personally like the way the LTE's look once they are mounted and cared for.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Fea said:
pile0g00 said:
Buck said:

The big difference is in the curve, the LTE's have a broader, flatter curve and make more TQ and HP. Call Mark H at Kenz cycle tech and ask him, they do a lot of 700R dyno tuning and sell both the LTE's & DMC's
:stupid: There is much more to power output than peak power ::)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
robrob25 said:
raptorrandy, do you think there is any benefit for the dmc over lte. for instance i do a lot of trail riding, and absolutely no dune riding (i wish but i live in ny). is there more low and mid range power with the dmc? also, the size of the muffler as far as hitting the brake caliper? i heard some people a while back saying the ltes might not be ideal for heavy trail riding
There is the clearance issue but I think they may have solved that with the new mounting brackets, but you would have to call Looney tuned exhaust to find out if the new brackets did indeed raise the can up any. As far as the DMC's having more low and mid power than the LTE's , I don't think so.

You have to go with what you think will work best for you, so far I have not heard anyone who bought the DMC's complain and all say the fit and finish is excellent.

·
Registered
213 Posts
there must not be a single other picture of the DMC duals then those four that are always shown... Ill have some up this weekend of how they look on mine (hopefully)

·
Registered
32 Posts
DMC Duals...look, fit, performance (in my opinion) perfect...I trail ride and I also like to drag, haven´t lost to any other raptor yet :grin_nod:, but I haven´t raced with any bike with a LTE dual system ::), only single exhaust; stock banshees (only with 3 mods) and stock YFZ 450 (only with the 3 mods)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts