Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my oil and found shavings in the filter. Once dried, I tested to see if the shavings were magnetic, which they are. What would this indicate? I am aware that some metal shavings in the filter is normal due to engine wear, just dont want to do any catastrophic damage. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Flush out the system a couple of times until you don't get any more shavings and purchase a magnetic drain plug.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have some shavings around the oil filter, but our seller sayd that is not problem... what are you think about it? can be from gearbox, engine.... engine works perfectly, not strange sounds....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just changed my oil and found shavings in the filter. Once dried, I tested to see if the shavings were magnetic, which they are. What would this indicate? I am aware that some metal shavings in the filter is normal due to engine wear, just dont want to do any catastrophic damage. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I think that the is too rare for me. Can you post the photos of that magnetic shavings?

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
This is nothing new. Look at this thread:

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66306

I think it comes from the transmission. Dont worry about it too much. just change oil and clean filter regularly, like every 30 to 50 hrs, depending on how hard you ride. I would not tear the engine apart for this.

I was also quite alarmed about it, till I realised this happens frequently on the 350's.

I have only done one oil change on the 350 though, so next time I'll see if the shavings have increassed or decreased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts