Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I am new to the forum! I just bought a used 2009 yamaha raptor 700R SE. It has 39hrs on it and 1100kms. He lost his job and had to sell it. The guy said it was last totally serviced at 30hrs. Now me being the perfectionist I am I can't believe him. So I am think of getting it serviced. What sould I get done. Also what weight of oil is best? I was thinking of running 10w-40 amsoil syn. But then I also heard to just stick with yamahlube. Any help would be appreciated. Also if I get dauls which would you go with monster pipes or barkers.

thanks Jason

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Hey Guys I am new to the forum! I just bought a used 2009 yamaha raptor 700R SE. It has 39hrs on it and 1100kms. He lost his job and had to sell it. The guy said it was last totally serviced at 30hrs. Now me being the perfectionist I am I can't believe him. So I am think of getting it serviced. What sould I get done. Also what weight of oil is best? I was thinking of running 10w-40 amsoil syn. But then I also heard to just stick with yamahlube. Any help would be appreciated. Also if I get dauls which would you go with monster pipes or barkers.

thanks Jason
I would do the service yourself and save the $300 that the Stealership will charge.

I use Mobil 10-40w Syn and it works fine. Either of the Duals will works. Just depends on what look you like the most as they both have about the same gains. Make sure you get a Fuel Controller before upgrading the exhaust or you will damage the motor.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts