Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search of a trail quad i am going to choose between a kfx 450r and raptor. I have owned both before for a short time. i recently learned of oil screens needing maintenece on the kfx and jut seems like more maintenece than i want to deal with. I also thought this is what oil filters were for lol. anyways does the raptor 700r needs this same type of maintenance done here and there. If there is a thread already i apologize but i couldnt find it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
They both will require basically the same types of maintenance at approx. the same intervals. They both have screens in the oil pickup line. However if I were to choose one of the two bikes you listed as a trail quad it would be the raptor hands down. Much more comfy to ride and you can lug it around all day long. 450's tend to load up if lugged and are designed more for MX use so they are quite a bit more work on the trails physically. JMO though :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I agree, i do like how the kfx feels on a track which I will ride every once in awhile and just couldnt see jumping the raptor without some modding but its the ultimate trail quad I think. With the oil screens its something new to me and the fact that it can take 2-3 hrs to do and needing a puller tool just pisses me off, why did i ever sell my 250R LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Never had a problem with mine. I was looking at a kfx but I just love my raptor to much to let her go. As far as jumping the raptor don't do to bad. My but has a track behind his house with some decent jumps and the rappy handles them well. And I weigh about 220 and I have done no suspension upgrades

·
Registered
448 Posts
What is this oil screen stuff about? I have never done this and if it's something to look into I wanna get it done before spring riding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts