Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently took my pb sensor off and just remove the white wire and ran it like that, now my bike cuts out and the reverse light comes on for some reason and i have to idea how to fix it and i cant put it back on.. Please help!! :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i read more into it and i cut the reverse sensor now both my reverse and pb sensor r cut and just bare wires and now my bike wont start unless i pull my clutch in even in reverse

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Redbird.
You need to have the Reverse sensor wire grounded. Otherwise the ignition thinks the motor is in reverse all the time. (Green/White wire)

The PB sensor wire is best cut off right at the ignition module, as if it shorts to earth the module thinks the park brake is on. (Green/Yellow wire)

All the best

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i grounded it off and its still not in neutral and runs horrible

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i grounded every wire i needed to ground off and my bike still wont start until i pull my clutch in even in nuetral and it wont run good when i do get it started

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright heres my sitution, i grounded my reverese sensor off, and it runs fine. i left my pb sensor alone. my bike will run fine but i cant start it in nuetral unless i pull the clutch in and my neutral light wont come on

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
alright heres my sitution, i grounded my reverese sensor off, and it runs fine. i left my pb sensor alone. my bike will run fine but i cant start it in nuetral unless i pull the clutch in and my neutral light wont come on
So ground the blue wire that ends at the neutral switch, this will allow you to start the bike anytime, in gear or not............

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
This is what should be done, and you've already done some:

Ground the green/white stripe wire (the end that goes to the CDI)

Leave the green/yellow stripe wire unconnected.

COnnect the blue wire back up to the neutral switch (it clamps under a screw to the switch) AND/OR short the black/yellow wire to ground (this is the clutch switch wire) and you'll always be able to start in any gear, yet the neutral light will still work once you've got the blue re-connected.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha im having trouble on which response i do on the nuetral light

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
I don't understand... With Willy's you lose operation of the neutral light - do you want that? Do mine, and you keep an operating neutral light. I would assume that is what you would want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts