Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find the messurements for a graphics kit that will fit my Raptor? I would like to design my own kit and send it to a guy I know of who can print it. I have seen it for the 450 over at yfzcentral and hope that someone here have it for the 700.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
well not sure exactly if he will have it, but chickenutz might know the size, we were talking about making custom graphics before, sorry i couldn't be more help...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know the size yet, but I have found a template of unknown accuracy for the 700R.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds really intresting! I will pm my emailadress and hope that you are willing to share it with me... :thumbsup:

(Template was the word I was looking for, couldn't find it in my swedish-english dictionary :) )

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am actually looking into the same thing. I'm trying to talk my graphics guy into buying a roll of Convex. It's supposed to be the best for atv and motorcycle graphics. What he told me to do was to just buy a kit that I liked the coverage on and he would convert it to a "soft" template that I could edit in Illustrator. From there he would print, laminate, cut and install it for me. If I go thru with this, I may see if I can post the template. However, I know it will be sometime before this will happen. Good luck and lets see some results when you get it done.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here is the link for the place I found. Now, these aren't exactly true-to-fit & ready-to-go templates, but what I did was import one of them into CorelDraw (vector drawing program) and then vectorized the outline of each piece. Then you are free to fill them with whatever you want. Let me know if you need some help with that. I tried this for my 700R and they appear to be close from what I got off their site, but I've not physically made any yet, but I overlaid the templates onto a true-sized photo of my quad.

http://catalog.goforitgraphics.com/index.php/cPath/36_56

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, Convex is what you want to use as that is what it is made for. Regular "sign-grade" vinyl will fail in short order on a quad. Sounds like "your guy" knows what he's talking about to me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
Here is the link for the place I found. Now, these aren't exactly true-to-fit & ready-to-go templates, but what I did was import one of them into CorelDraw (vector drawing program) and then vectorized the outline of each piece. Then you are free to fill them with whatever you want. Let me know if you need some help with that. I tried this for my 700R and they appear to be close from what I got off their site, but I've not physically made any yet, but I overlaid the templates onto a true-sized photo of my quad.

http://catalog.goforitgraphics.com/index.php/cPath/36_56
Nice template, However......I believe you are going to have to do a lot of guess and check when it comes time to print. I talked to those guys about getting there template and they told me that the only way I would get it would be to pre-order a cutom kit and give them a deposit so I can almost gurantee that they won't be a direct fit. Before you get a lot of color on the template, I would plot them out on paper and get the fitment correct, then print them on the $10 per square foot vinyl. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll try to vectorize these and make a printout on paper to se how it fits.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My brother has the white ones of that lighting kit. It fits really good. Even has the cut out so on the fenders everything will come together and line up. A real bitch to install though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I have made a vectorimage of the kit and need some ideas for how to design it. Please post links to different graphics kit so I can be inspired. :help: :)

This is a little preview of how it looks now...

Im not sure the size is correct and how it would fit, but if anyone is interested in the vectorfile pm me and I'll mail it to you.
Fileformats available - .dxf .ai .wmf .emf

·
Registered
882 Posts
Custom Graphics are pretty cool but i still prefer custom airbrushin with lots of clearcoat..thats just me

·
Registered
94 Posts
so how is it coming along with the custom made graphics template??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's on hold for the moment. Trying to deside on how the design should look. And I still haven't tried if the size is correct yet either.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Personally, I'd print out what you have with no color (then there's not a lot of waited ink) and try the fitment. If it works, I'd definatley be interested in the template file. If it doesn't fit then you can play around with the sizing and try and make it fit. Like I said, it may take a whole lot of guess and check. Good luck and nice work on the vector file. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
517 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts