Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be kind of long so bear with me.I have an 01 raptor 660 it has alot of mods but the problem came when i had the tranny rebuilt.when we took it of the stand and started to run it it sounded like it kept hitting the rev limiter as soon as you push the throttle.The mechanic took the smallest wire of the cdi and it quit doing that but then it would only run if you had the clutch engaged.then he removed the neutral wire of the block.That didnt solve the problem either.after he did that now i cant put the neutral wire on without blowing a fuse.So i decided to buy a new cdi (big gun) and now its doing the same thing except when you remove the small wire off the cdi and it runs fine but with the reverse light on.Do i need to just buy a new wiring harness or is it something im missing.im at a big loss please help...:confused:

·
Master of the Electron
15,656 Posts
HE has simply mis wired it and doesn't understand anything about the electrics. I say regularly that bike techs usually understand Raptor electrics less than they understand Middle Eastern political stability...

Do you have any talents that would lend us to walking you through connecting things up properly?

Download the service manual from a sticky at the top of the 660 Maintenance section - last page is the full wiring diagram, as a start.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
HE has simply mis wired it and doesn't understand anything about the electrics. I say regularly that bike techs usually understand Raptor electrics less than they understand Middle Eastern political stability...

Do you have any talents that would lend us to walking you through connecting things up properly?

Download the service manual from a sticky at the top of the 660 Maintenance section - last page is the full wiring diagram, as a start.
I agree, the so called mechanic, has miswired it.............:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks. ill check over the wiring again.needless to say ill never use this guy again.Thanks alot!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Best of luck to ya. WillyKiller & QuadManiac are good people, & really no what they are talking about. I would listen to them & maybe we can get you through this..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts