Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new bike on Friday. Spent the weekend installing the bolt on goodies. One of which was my Endurance computer. Anyway, I couldn't believe how tight the main axle/hub nut was on there. While taking this thing off, I could see the whole front assembly tweaking. I hope I didn't do any damage. I pondered spraying some liquid wrench on it before taking it off but I figured since it's new, it shouldn't be too bad, also didn't want to risk getting any into the bearings. Oddly enough, now that it's all back together again, I'm almost certain that one wheel is out of alignment now! Anyone else experience this?
MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think you're probably seeing things, but who knows. I cracked mine loose while it was still on the ground with the tire attached, same idea when I re-torqued.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the one that holds the wheel hub to the axle, when you take the dust boot off one of the front wheels you can see it, it's known as a castle nut, it has a cotter pin through it. Speaking of those dust boots, do they come with the 30/30 gaurentee? 30 seconds or 30 feet, which ever comes first. I can't see how those things are going to stay on the bike. I noticed there are none on the rear wheels? doesn't look like there's a place for them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.