Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading something about putting in a switch to manually control when it turns on, can anyone refresh my memory or point me in the right direction. thanks :crazy:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yeah, the sensor on the bottom of the radiator. The connector plug-in there has two wires. split the wires and run the switch parallel to the connector so both the sensor and the switch will work.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I just installed mine last night... it works great...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you go a little more in depth, I have idea what I am doing when it comes to electronics. It sounds easy until I try it maybe a step by step. and what will I need besides the 12volt switch :3question: :help:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it, thanks man
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
yeah, makes it run cooler. I rarely hit the temp that the switch engages at. its 210 i think

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
put a switch parallel to the connector that goes to the bottom of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Two types of circuit, parallel and series
Parallel is when the electricity has two paths to follow, it can go thru either the thermal switch and turn the fan on or thru the switch your adding to turn the fan on.
Series is when the power has on part to follow, if you added a switch in series you would have to turn on your switch and the thermal switch would have to be in the on position for the fan to run
I don't think you'll need to unplug the radiator, you just need splice the red/white wire.

In the picture #14 and #15 are in series, the red added switch is parallel to #15.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Awsome post Firstraptor :thumbsup: you made it to easy 8)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
next to the front fender on the main frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.