Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two times I went out riding, my fan never came on. I was thinking of putting a manual switch so I can turn it on whenever I want. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
882 Posts
there is a 2006 defect with the fan I think if you search around soem of the 2006 guys were talking about this before.I dont remember all the details..

·
Registered
644 Posts
YAMAHAFAN said:
The last two times I went out riding, my fan never came on. I was thinking of putting a manual switch so I can turn it on whenever I want. Has anyone else done this?
Yeah, the fan sensor switch goes bad in these bikes. It is a cheap fix - about 20 dollars - i paid for mine, although it is under warranty. If you want a warranty fix, ur gonna have to find out a way to overheat the bike at the shop so they can see it. Otherwise, it up to you. DON"T run the bike without having it fixed!!!!!! It will shutdown on it's own when it gets too hot, but thats too late anyway,

Fan sensor switch.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I just checked the bullit connectors and they were VERY protected and connected all the way.

So where is the fan sensor switch? Is there a way I can test it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
unless you pull the tape off and take it out of that plastic piece u wont know if ur connectors are "fastenend" or not, on about 90% of these 06 rappys, the bullet connections are not "pushed in " all the way, im betting more than anything that is the issue , make sure you check, doubt it is the switch

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MONSTERMATT said:
unless you pull the tape off and take it out of that plastic piece u wont know if ur connectors are "fastenend" or not, on about 90% of these 06 rappys, the bullet connections are not "pushed in " all the way, im betting more than anything that is the issue , make sure you check, doubt it is the switch
I took it completely apart and it was connected.
The more I search the more I realize that most 700's with the 3 mods like myself are having this problem. maybe it's because it runs cooler, I don't know. But I definatly want to put a manual switch on.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My friends has only been on like twice and mine runs almost every time a go for a good ride we both have the 3 mods only difference is my pcIII and his dobeck

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
IMO, running the 3mods does indeed make the quad run cooler. We have a bone stock 700 and my modded 700. Slower technical riding always makes the stocker's fan come on....mine takes forever to come on. I have actually only had my fan come on ONE time...and I had to do a alot of slow speed climbing and stuff to get it to come on. The stocker is always coming on in those scenarios.
It makes sence though....its unrestricted and not running lean once 3-modded. Its going to run free'r and be getting the right amount of fuel. Stock they are plugged up and lean...which is probably kind a like running around always under "load"....poor thing is struggling to get air and then put it out....and is also not getting enough fuel to mix with the tiny bit of air its getting.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Just one question. I have the same problem and i followed every step ( check the fan motor, bullet conector, realy, etc.....)and the fan still dont come on. the other day the warning light came on, i stop and checked the engine and it was not overheated. Why would that light came on and why the fan would not come on?????

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
colo said:
Just one question. I have the same problem and i followed every step ( check the fan motor, bullet conector, realy, etc.....)and the fan still dont come on. the other day the warning light came on, i stop and checked the engine and it was not overheated. Why would that light came on and why the fan would not come on?????
If the warning light came o you should check the fault code. You may have a bad temp sensor or an ecu issue. Make damn sure the fan connector is together. Mine looked like it was connected but I gave it a hard push just to make sure. Sure enough it was not connected all the way.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
colo said:
what year and frame number. Just the last digits.....like mine is 16480....our other one is 16523.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had this problem with mine too. Fan never came on, checked all the connectors and all was good. Finally mine did come on the other day, only time I know of that its been on. I think its working fine, just doesnt get hot enough to. I have the 3 mods also.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Check the fan connector it's self, the weather pack one. That is were my 2nd conection problem was.

It has worked great ever after!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Mine is an 06 and the frame # ends with 12716....................

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
wich one is the fan connector weather pack?

R

·
0 Posts
Mines only came on 2 since september and its an 07 could mine be messed up?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
colo said:
Mine is an 06 and the frame # ends with 12716....................
yeah, you are probably early enough to have one of the NOT plugged in ones. You may want to double check your fuel pump too......never know.

I dont know WHEN exactly they started putting in the good pumps, or when they started fully plugging in the fan connections...but neither of ours had a problem, and I have never heard of anyone with a later frame number than mine having a problem. I doubt ANY 06SE had these problems....they were a later run.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts