Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who is probably going to get the Tim Barker in framed Duals and the webcams .. Please keep me up to date if you get a custom dyno map. If you add a high comp piston you can let me know that also cause I will probably copy and get that. I will go with the je 11:1 pistion. I have decided to not port head. At least for now.

I searched and no one around me has a dyno machine to do a custom map. Thanks

BTW Barker duals ships in 3 weeks

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Map for PCIII. Are U gettin Tim Barker Duals and Hot cams

Never mind this post ... I think I worked out something already.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The reason I said never mind this post is because the tech at powercommander said that adding the piston and Cams will not affect the map hardly at all when tuning. Im starting to wonder about that because isnt that adding HP which will affect the tuning?

He said they have tried it with other pipes.

·
Registered
305 Posts

You have to rem. that the only concern is the air to fuel ratio. Just because it makes HP doesnt mean its going to change your air fuel ratio. If you add a mod that allow more air into your engine then your going to have to change your map. But certin HP mods dont add more air or fuel for that matter. For example higher compression ratio. The same amount of air and fuel is going into the cylinder. The only diff. is that its compressing it alot more once its in the cyliner. It makes a more powerful explostion which results in more HP but your not taking any more air into the cylinder which means you dont have to add more fuel. Thats means no map change. On the other hand. You do intake and exhaust mods mods more air is going in and out of the engine which means you need to add more fuel too.

Hopes this helps a bit. Im sure someone can fill in the gaps and explain it a little better, but thats the easy way to explain.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Ohh to add. Im pretty sure the cam will affect air fuel ratio so im not sure about that one. Hope someone else can help better.

·
Registered
262 Posts

On a carbuerated engine that might be so because a bigger bore and more compression you have more velocity so it draws more fuel from the jett. Not real sure about the efi though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well Tim just told me today that adding piston and Cams will affect the map. He said not by much but it will affect it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

OK .. Im back to point A! This is going to be the worst part of the duals for me. Im waiting on a response from RF but they programed a map on my PCIII for the mods I have. Only difference ... they did it with an old map for the out of frame duals but I have the inframed duals. They said that the map will be really close but I just cant understand how that can be. I mean I know those guys are great but this is one thing that I cant understand. These are 2 different pipes. Only thing the same is the name who makes um. I guess he doesnt know 100% sure that it'll be a close map ... hes just pretty sure. And as I said in an email I wrote him, I dont have a whole lot of time to test this map and then have to get another map if the first one was bad ... because we have a race coming up this weekend. The last thing I want is that guy wid the honda 450 talkin more shit to me.

I paid for $1600 worth of performance mods and I surely want the most out of them. So if RF and I doesnt work anything out by this weekend coming up and someone gets a custom map wid my same mods by that time ... please PM me and maybe we can work something out. I know its a long shot for someone else to help me out because the pipes just came out but what the heck anyways. Might get lucky.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ice4me, i'm also intrested for a map for the same mods, K&n filter,pc3,barker duals, 11:1 piston ans stage 1 cams(i have not yet decided which one ) are you sure about webcams? How have you decided the cams? Let me know about the map? Please note that for the map i think that does it mutter also the eleveation and place temperature, ask RF if i'm wrong, i'm not sure

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be honest ... I think the best thing to do if you dont have a dyno around is to invest in a wideband sensor. Im trying to debate on that now. Im kinda back and forth. :unsure:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Chapman performance is up in concord NC. I'm takeing mine there thurs to get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand, but are you looking for a new map after you installed a new piston and cam? Or are you looking for a different map after switching from the old Barkers to the new inframe pipes?

The maps should almost be identical from the old style of Barkers to the new inframe Barkers. The reason is they essencially are the same pipe. The only difference is the routing of the head pipe. It is the same diameter and same length as the out of frame pipe. Also the megaphones and silencers are all the same, so this is why there won't be much difference between the old out of frames versus the new inframes.

If you are installing a new piston and cam you will need a new map for these mods. They increase air flow which will require more fuel from the controller.

If you have any more questions shoot me a pm and i can try to help you out more.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
As I understood it, the map was for the reverse megaphone drag pipes that rocket factory runs not the standard Barker out of Frame duals. If that is in fact the case as I was led to believe, then the maps will be different as with the drag pipes lose you a good amount of bottom end and they gain you top end HP, so would it not stand to reason that their would be different fuel requirments for the Drag pipes vs the in frame duals?

If it is an existing map for the standard out of frame duals, then I agree it will be close enough and Ice will not need to worry about it. If I was getting the Barker in Frame duals and wanted to be able to just run an existing map I would be talking with RF tomorrow and finding out for sure exactly what map you will be getting.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RF didnt say anything to me about drag pipes .. he just said the out of frame. I guess thats why he said the maps should be identical. He said they have a map for the piston, cams ect ... the only difference is the out of frame duals. So I guess Im good. I guess RF elevation/air compared to where I live all the way on the east coast will play a little difference in that map I run in south carolina right? If so .. how much will the location affect it. Im at about sea level. RF is at 1300+ meters above sea level. Damn! Please tell me its not going to be much of a difference. EDIT .. OK I just found out that the elevation would not be an issue.

Do you think it will be a good investment to get a wideband sensor? Or is that not needed for me?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts