Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a dune map of the Coos Bay / Winchester Bay area that they could scan and send me??

I looked on the Government rec site, but that version is very blurry.

Thanks, Floyd.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Are you looking for detailed maps of the trail systems? If so good luck. The dunes change with the wind and there's trails everywhere. One thing you need to know is the ocean is on one side and the highway is on the other. Approx. 3 miles at the most apart. However you can get lost pretty easy so my suggestion is to bring along a handheld gps. I have a garmin e-trex legend hcx and it keeps a breadcrumb or track log for me so I just follow it back to camp. They also have better maps of the main trails at the local stores.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was looking for was more like a layout of the land. I do have a GPS; then I could pick out and "mark" what looks like the better climbs / trails.

Thanks for the tip about maps at the local stores, I'll grab one on the way into town.

Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also check out one of the local quad rental shops. I picked up a "alright" one at a quad rental shop in Winchester bay. I still haven't found any good one's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts