Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me explian the best I can. Today I rode for a long time. Maybe 3 + hours. When I was about to put it up I wanted to burn out my tires because Im getting new ones. The last burn out I reved it up in third gear for about 10 secs until I noticed the tires were not spinning (on pavement). So after that I tried taking off and the shit has NO pull at all in any gear. I tried tighting up the clutch up by the handle bars but that only help a little tiny bit. Not much at all. Could I have messed something up by reving it and the tires were not spining? What can I do :help:

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Your clutch is prolly gone. Theres no lack of power cuz I smoked a set of 22x11-9 Mudlites w/ mine no prob :grin_nod:

·
Registered
902 Posts
To tighten up the clutch on the bars, you really need to loosen the cable. . .

But, you shouldn't have had it so tight that loosening it would have done anything. If you did, that could have caused it to go. . . you were getting slipping to start with.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd get a yamaha shop manual and a clutch kit.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the manual but I will never try to change just with that alone. Its to confusing for me. Does anyone know if this is a hard job. Any special tools?

Actually it doesnt seem that confusing afterall. Its not necessary to get that clutch holder right? Or is it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys but Im glad I didnt rely just on that because I probably would have been buying a set set of clutch and letting the dealership put them on which would be $150 or so for parts and labor. Well its 2:30 am here and I dont think I would have rested well if I didnt do what I did a few minutes ago. As I was browsing through the manual trying to learn how to install the clutch (which I prolly wouldnt have done) I read that there should be some slack in the clutch at the handlebar (5-10mm worth of loose slack). So I tested it and it stood still hard as a tree. It was 2 am and I had my tires off because Im putting new ones on tomorrow. So I had to put them back on and this time I adjusted the clutch down by the rear breaks. Well I can sleep much better knowing I dont have to buy and install new ones because now it feels like it even pulls harder than before! So thats all I needed was a little adjustment :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I changed my clutch and put on the GYTR clutch componets and the only part that i had troulble with was getting the rivets out of the the housing to put the primary drive gear on the new houzing. That was the first time i had ever seen underneath the cranckase of a 700R. I just used the service manual i downloaded off this site. I didnt wanna wait 2 weeks to get the dealer to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.