Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last sunday me and a group of friends went to the local motocross track with our bikes and quads, as we usually do we were all riding each others unfortunately for him one of my mates got a bit cocky and tried to wheelie the raptor and it threw him clean off the back and then landed on its side this is what happened :wow:

the chain also broke and done the following damage :wow:

yep thats a bit of engine casing :mad:

an this is how she sits in my shed now

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
That sucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh it does at least im not paying for the a arm or the clutch lever i think the sprocket was already broken as the break are not clean and new so im letting him away with not paying for that

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I would take off the front wheel spacers, they are hard on the ball joints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW! That's one of the worst looking sprockets I've seen....are you sure the chain breaking didn't cause him to crash? I'm not sure i'd charge him for any of the repairs...maybe have him help you fix it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nah the back wheels were still spinning when it hit the deck, he dipped the clutch in first to get he front up and we all know that is a bad idea :nono:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
my chain came off and broke the tabs on my engine casing too. top and bottom. if i think about it tomorrow ill take pictures of what i did to get my case saver on. a fellow forum member broke his tabs and posted pictures of how he fixed it so you might be able to do some searching and find it before i post pics

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That sprocket definitely was garbage and most likely the chain is too, this caused your chain cover and case to be damaged.
As for the those spacers in the front, I wouldnt use them for trail or track, just to unpredicatable............
You can see in my signature picture that I have one in the right front wheel only, it is 2'' thick, but it has a purpose and it works well..............:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts