Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried Maxxis I-RAZR or Kenda Sport radials? Any general opinions on staying with radials when upgrading tires? Most importantly, do the more aggressive tires (either radial or bias-ply) with square-edged profiles (e.g. Razr, Holeshot) make initiating/controlling slides more difficult? I do trail/woods/fireroad riding, just wondering about pluses and minuses when looking for more forward traction but concerned about predictability at the limit (undesired orunpredictable sideways hookup in a slide). I'm not a racer, just like to go fast. I'd appreciate the benefit of your experience on this topic!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: Maxxis I-RAZR

IMO, switching off of radials made a huge difference in the ride of the machine. Then there came a point where I didn't give it another thought. I just didn't expect so noticable a difference at first. I'm speaking strictly ride/comfort, not handling.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: Maxxis I-RAZR

Thats what Im runnin on mine now....I like em myself.....Much better than stock, wasnt to happy on the tread though, could be a bit more beefier......I do alot of trails and mud myself and they work just fine.....no real big issues with kickin sideways or spinning out with em and they are a pretty smooth ride also....Only real big downfall is they hook ALOT better with a lower pressure in the rears (I run about 3.5 anything over that kinda sucks) which sucks for ground clearence if ur runnin an aftermarket swing arm skid

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Anybody else want to add their experience to the topic? I'm leaning towards I-RAZRs or Kenda Sport radials unless I get steered elsewhere by a good argument otherwise.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ok

Maxxis Razr 2 - great side grip, very durable, flat profile likes to slide through corners, wears like iron. Great 2 stroke tire.

Maxxis I Razr - great handling, decent side bite, wears fast, knobs not as large as they should be when new.

ITP XCR - GREAT traction, alright durability, traction, lightweight, compound a little soft so they wear quickly. I had XCR's at about 60% that hooked up better than brand new razr 2's. Believe it.

ITP GNCC - Sick tire. Light, durable, crazy knobs hangin off the thing, almost too much traction. All around the best imo.

Check into the new Mudlights by ITP too. Buddy of mine has them on his 450, and loves them. A light mud tire thats willing to slide, what else could you ask for??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i just got the razr2's, monstermatt has them also, i ran a wooley booger for a few rides but they didn't want to slide when i wanted to, they just hooked really hard,a buddy of mine has the holeshot hd's and they suck for mud/loose dirt, they clog up and if you don't have a chance to clean them out(burp the throttle they stay clogged) they didn't do to well in sand either. he just put a set of realtor's on it and he roacked me and matt with baseball size roost and he said that he just feels the bike pullin like a freight train,also can slide it to....... thats trail ridin in the northeast....loose dirt/hard dirt/loose sand/mud/big rocks.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha! Wooley boogers! Those sound really uncomfortable... and itchy....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
raptorsquid said:
Haha! Wooley boogers! Those sound really uncomfortable... and itchy....
yeah but 10-15 years ago thats what everybody had :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah, I remember them from back when - I just couldn't resist temptation. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just got rear razr-2's in the rear awesome hook up in mud,great for trails and in corners ordering fronts tonight.22" provide better gear ratio 1st threw 3rd gear really pull now. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.