Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my Nos is working great but I have been noticing gas smell in the exhaust bad..so upon further investigating I found out my fuel pump for my nos supplement has been leaking.(not a 100%) shutoff)..so I installed a fuel cock inline. Now My oil smells really really gassy so I am sure that some went thru my cylinder..I changed the oil and filter and added again. My question is ..the oil is once again very gassy..How many more times am I gonna have to do this? Ps.. rappy is slowly starting to run better but still richly. have already replaced 3 plugs throughout this process...At first it was so bad that gas was actually spitting from my HMF..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you done a compression check? It sounds like you may be blowing some gas past your rings. The only place gas should go into is the combustion chamber. Or you may be running so rich that you are washing down your cylinder walls. I had that happen on a Baja Bug once when the float bowl stuck (not a problem with our EFI). Either way a compression check would be the first thing I would do.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would also be concerned with fuel wash.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DesertRaptor said:
Have you done a compression check? It sounds like you may be blowing some gas past your rings. The only place gas should go into is the combustion chamber. Or you may be running so rich that you are washing down your cylinder walls. I had that happen on a Baja Bug once when the float bowl stuck (not a problem with our EFI). Either way a compression check would be the first thing I would do.
okay..maybe i wasnt clear enuff...the nos injector is mounted on the throttle body....about .5 gallons leaked thru the fuel pump into the chamber ..the chamber cant hold that volume so it seeped down past the rings...i changed the fuel 3 times and fixed the leaky nos valve....changed the plugs and she is runnin clean again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts