Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here ever bought the meijer fenders for their raptor?,,,can you tell me what to expect? are they good?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Yes, I have seen several, put them on a 660 a few years ago, and just sent back a set for my 700.
The rear 700 fenders are all the same, every year. The front fenders are the same for 06-12, and change in '13-'21.
Maier doesn't make front fenders to fit 13-20. The 06-12 fender mounts sit about 4" further to the rear.
The Maier front and rear use 2 metal L brackets front and rear. That uses 2 exposed phillips heads front and rear that stock/oem don't have.
I have the Maier nose and tank cover too.
The tank cover is basically the same.
The nose(front panel) has 2 extra cross bars, just cosmetic, and blocks a small amount of air to the radiator.
Most all the Maiers I've had and seen come scuffed up, as they are in a plastic bag in a cardboard box, and slide around during shipping.
You can see and feel a small difference in plastic texture, finish, and colors vs stock.
I tried the Maiers for my 700, so not to have warning labels like stock, but they were scuffed and the fronts didnt fit.
They are both on their way back.
I'm going to shelve and/or sell the Maier nose and tank cover, as I got those 2 months ago.
I just ordered all 4 pieces, oem/factory, and in black(which is why I wanted them, for a color change), from Partzilla.
$390 shipped for all 4...vs over $700 for the Maier
Partzilla has the black nose and tank cover in stock, and front and rear fenders on back order from Yamaha, due in late March.
Given all the oem colors over the years, you can get most any color Maier has.
Given the cost savings, and as far as I'm concerned, better quality, you can't beat oem.
Given the savings on the difference, I paid the ridiculous $140 for stainless steel Yamaha warning label replacements on ebay.
Maier and oem/factory both also do Not come with any decals or stickers.
I have a link somewhere to a company that will custom make whatever decal design and colors you want for a 700 too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me ask this another way,,,,,,,, if a guy is trying to make his 660 raptor nice,, are the Maier plastics , a wast of time and money, thank you!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I have seen several, put them on a 660 a few years ago, and just sent back a set for my 700.
The rear 700 fenders are all the same, every year. The front fenders are the same for 06-12, and change in '13-'21.
Maier doesn't make front fenders to fit 13-20. The 06-12 fender mounts sit about 4" further to the rear.
The Maier front and rear use 2 metal L brackets front and rear. That uses 2 exposed phillips heads front and rear that stock/oem don't have.
The nose(front panel) has 2 extra cross bars, just cosmetic, and blocks a small amount of air to the radiator.
Most all the Maiers I've had and seen come scuffed up, as they are in a plastic bag in a cardboard box, and slide around during shipping.
You can see and feel a small difference in plastic texture, finish, and colors vs stock.
I tried the Maiers for my 700, so not to have warning labels like stock, but they were scuffed and the fronts didnt fit.
I'm going to shelve and/or sell the Maier nose and tank cover, as I got those 2 months ago.
I just ordered all 4 pieces, oem/factory, and in black(which is why I wanted them, for a color change), from Partzilla.
Partzilla has the black nose and tank cover in stock, and front and rear fenders on back order from Yamaha, due in late March.
Given the cost savings, and as far as I'm concerned, better quality, you can't beat oem.
Given the savings on the difference, I paid the ridiculous $140 for stainless steel Yamaha warning label replacements on ebay.
I have a link somewhere to a company that will custom make whatever decal design and colors you want for a 700 too.
$140 more warning labels, holy shit! I guess I didn't pay too much for mine. I only paid $35 for mine from EBAY.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
$140 more warning labels, holy shit! I guess I didn't pay too much for mine. I only paid $35 for mine from EBAY.
Yeah, those sold out a while ago.
Alot of previously inexpensive stuff has went through the roof, and after looking for days, they were all that was left...holy shit is what I said too.
Since the oem fenders were so much cheaper than the Maiers, and not knowing if or when something may be available again, I reluctantly bought them at the inflated price.

·
Registered
626 Posts
DAMN. I been looking and OEM fenders were like 600-1000 on ebay. I oughta look there. Been looking at maybe getting a new set.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes the factory stuff is actually more expensive on ebay than anywhere else. I buy 95% of all my parts off there but for some reason the Yami plastics are way over priced. You can buy them from Yami for way cheaper. I'm looking for a red tank cover and hood for my 18 and can get them from Yami for about 70 double that on ebay. The only reason to buy them on ebay would be if you have to have them, Yami is back ordered on a lot on plastics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts