Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Am new to quads and am looking at buying a raptor 700 very soon...first thing I want to do is lower/widen it front and back

What options are there to do this? I've seen pictures of people making brackets? There's also some for sale on ebay? What about lowered springs? Will I need longer axels?

Am a bit confused as there seems to be several ways to widen/lower ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm kinda on a bit of a budget..

I'm thinking of using the CRJPerformance front/rear lowering kits to lower it..

That will also widen it at the front by 3.5" overall

Could I then use the diamond J 4" widening kit at back alongside the rear lowering kit?

That would make it lower and wider front and back?

·
Registered
437 Posts
those work for flat tract or street driving but you cant jump on thise front mounts. and dont waste ur time on he rear because all you have to do is flip ur link and itll lower it around 2 inches

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what about the widening kits? are they safe for light offroad/jumping?

and can you flip the link at the back and use the widening kit together safely?

andwhat about the CFM Performance front lowering kit..

Says on their site- "a-arm mounting tabs on the frame and the lower shock mount on the a-arm"

Would that be strong enough?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Anytime you move the bottom of your front shocks outwards, It stiffens the shocks. Making for a harsh, stiff, ruff ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you're going to do something like this, you may wanna save your money to do it the right way the first time. Have you ever had a raptor before? Get some seat time under your belt and learn the in's and out's of the quad. I've only had mine for about 5 months and I'm just now doing a gearing change on it. I'm not telling you how to spend your money, but just giving some advice :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the raptor will be my first big quad..i've ridden a few 350s on/off road before

can you use the diamond J widening kit together with a front/back lowering kit?

·
Registered
437 Posts
i dont have one of the diamond j widening kits but ive heard great things about them. the flipped link in the rear is just as safe as stock hell in my opinion its safer cause it lowers the center of gravity. and i like the widening kits and was planing to get one for mine but i think im just gunna save for the a arms. how much money are you looking to spend? oh and i flipped my link and it actually droped my rear to the same hieght if not a little lower then my buddies yfz 450 so it lowers it considerably.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you run a lowering kit with the yfz shocks too?

also, can you run the diamond j widening kit with a lowering kit (or flipped link at the back)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
can you run a lowering kit with the yfz shocks too?

also, can you run the diamond j widening kit with a lowering kit (or flipped link at the back)
When you widen it it lowers it a little..the lowering kits r crap for trail riding and jumping

·
Registered
437 Posts
yes u can run the diamond j with a fliped link

1 - 13 of 13 Posts