Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Silver lake huh? anything going on or the usual? Buying a full set of paddles this friday... might make one more trip this year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The mounds really do suck? I don't want to waste a day by going there... if it sucks, be honest and let me know. I prefer to ride trails and go fast as hell (80+mph) and take turns sideways... not go in circles with all of the kids on their 90cc bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I have been to the mounds once, I will never go back....not a place to go fast or rip through the trails, you may just meet a jeep head on if you try that there (I almost did).

Nothing out of the usual this weekend at SL, just a bunch of quick 4-strokes meeting up to have one more big racing day Saturday before the season is over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guys, let's plan a big trail trip in October. I've already got about 7 people going (two from wisconsin with a ford raptor and might bring a quad in the bed). We're just trying to figure out the best place to go. We have a cabin in Grayling, but honestly don't care where we end up as long as we are near a trailhead. We are silver laked out for this year unless we go for the closing weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cool, probably won't make it this weekend. I just bought new paddles but my buddy who travels with me needs a new set. If anyone of you have some for sale, let me know and I'll forward it to him. I think he's on here, but I don't know his username.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Yes the mounds sucks. I go there often cause it's 5 min away for me.

Kyle, Damn you i as just there last saturday! Oh we'll heres to next years rally!:beer:

·
Registered
87 Posts
My name is Tom, feel free to hit me up guys (call/text). 810-986-3934.

I'll give updates on our trip if anyone wants to meet up with us. Should be a pretty big gathering... close to 12 of us without any of you joining.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Worth going to just once to experience it? We just ride sideroads and crappy trails around St. Clair County. Gets boring quick!

Where are the good places to ride in South Eastern MI?

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I'm still half tempted to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow for the Little Sahara rally, but 18 hours each way is not too appealing. So I think I'm going to settle for SL instead, 4 hours is a lot easier to handle....especially with trying to plan it last-minute.

If anybody else is interested, we are all getting to SL Saturday late morning and plan on racing most of the day.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I have been to the mounds once, I will never go back....not a place to go fast or rip through the trails, you may just meet a jeep head on if you try that there (I almost did).

Nothing out of the usual this weekend at SL, just a bunch of quick 4-strokes meeting up to have one more big racing day Saturday before the season is over.
It's better than it use to be. They have done alot of grooming and have made some trails bigger and wider. But i never get higher than 4th and by the time i get in 4th i'm on the binders. But yes still sucks from being really rutted from trucks. Mud is fun to play in every once and a great while on the rappy, but i hate the 3 hour power washings. I avoid as much of it as i can out there.

On the other hand your rzr would be fun out there with some beefy tread on it.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I think it's fun. The dunes aren't very big, but their fun! The trails are wide, and you can ride on the public roads up there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmm... guess we'll check it out this saturday. Won't see you at SL this Saturday Lang... let us know how it turns out.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I'm still half tempted to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow for the Little Sahara rally, but 18 hours each way is not too appealing. So I think I'm going to settle for SL instead, 4 hours is a lot easier to handle....especially with trying to plan it last-minute.

If anybody else is interested, we are all getting to SL Saturday late morning and plan on racing most of the day.
If i had the money and could miss work and class, have a Saturday afternoon class right now and already missed one, id come down to you and split the gas and driving. Ok. isn't to far for me to drive. The ol truck driver in me is itching to make a big long road trip. I'll be done with school at this time next year. Maybe some of us can plan it for next year. Me and a couple of friends where just talking about a trip west last weekend when we where at S/L.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, grayling probably won't be this weekend... thinking probably either the weekend of the 7th, 21st (most likely), or 28th (least likely).

Sorry about double posting like a noob... my buddy pointed it out to me and I promptly told him to eff off, but figured I would let you guys know I'll work on it ;-)

What's good in OK? Care to indulge me? I've heard some crazy stuff about Sand Mountain... was thinking of a trip there in the next year or two.

If you guys plan a trip to Little Sahara, let me know. Might be interested...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Little Sahara. Do you and your buddy live together?
I'll youtube it. Nope, just got ahold of him and told him to log-in when he gets a chance. Sent the forum link to him and he told me to stop being a noob and double-posting. I think that warrants some mud thrown at him... even though his quad is faster than mine... bastard.

Both live near Port Huron, though... (north of detroit and east of Flint)

41 - 60 of 171 Posts