Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new to the forum and just picked up my new toy. 2007 raptor 700, hi-comp stock bore w/ +2 valves port polish and cam, intake, full gytr. It is equipped with a PC now but I am looking for something a little more precise and closed loop.
I havent seen any threads about persons using this setup. any direction would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think with the mods you have there wouldn't be a need for a Microsquirt. I would suggest a MSD 4248 Blaster FI.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think with the mods you have there wouldn't be a need for a Microsquirt. I would suggest a MSD 4248 Blaster FI.

Nate
Alba Racing
From a cost standpoint they are close. I would like to know success of failure from use of the micro. Would the MSD really be much different than the PC that's on there now?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think problems will be building an air/fuel and spark map from srcatch.. That would require hours of tuning on dyno !

·
Registered
850 Posts
If your looking for more power a better exhaust would be a better option.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As we are always looking to make our products better I would like to hear why you guys think the MSD is a better choice than the PCV. We can do everything they do and quite a bit more so wondering why you choose this route. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As we are always looking to make our products better I would like to hear why you guys think the MSD is a better choice than the PCV. We can do everything they do and quite a bit more so wondering why you choose this route. Thanks for the feedback.
As a tuner I prefer the system that gets me to the best tune in the least amount of time. I am more familiar and compfortable with the MSD software and therefore am able to offer my customers better support. On a Raptor MSD is my choice, but lets look at the Polaris 900XP... In that case the PCV is the only real option for timing control and rpm extension, so it is my primary choice in extensive builds. In a nutshell I try to provide my customers with the lowest cost product that gets them the best results, and each vehicle and specific application has different requirements. I think a PCV and a MSD 4248 are very comparable and would be happy tuning either system.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.