Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Mikuni TM/TMX Flat Valve Carb - 38mm TM38-101

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
On a 660 with some motor work done, I'd suggest the TM in a 45mm size.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has tryed them and how they worked.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking duels, Like the ones on my sled

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Haven't seen dual tm's either, thought there was a size/packaging issue fitting them between the frame rails but I don't know for sure. Lectrons are the only other dual carbs I've seen squeezed into the 660 (aside from the stock mikuni bsr and the keihin fcr). If you can get your hands on a set to do a test fit and they work then I wouldn't discourage you from trying it. The TM is a good carb.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think a problem is the cable routing.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
It's a problem with the FCR's as well, if the intake isn't short enough or on the wrong angle it'll put the cable connection right into the bottom right back corner of the tank. Some have reshaped the tank, others just leave the rear bolt out, others use one of the standard adapter intakes and don't have a problem.

I'm not familiar with where the connection takes place on a pair of TMs but I would imagine you could work something out.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
It's a problem with the FCR's as well, if the intake isn't short enough or on the wrong angle it'll put the cable connection right into the bottom right back corner of the tank. Some have reshaped the tank, others just leave the rear bolt out, others use one of the standard adapter intakes and don't have a problem.

I'm not familiar with where the connection takes place on a pair of TMs but I would imagine you could work something out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts