Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I get in a box, and I’m thinking yay, its Christmas…. Now hopefully I can pull my head off and send it north for a small vacation.

But wait what’s this? One of the valve bags looks different than the other one. Upon closer inspection I see that it is completely empty.

After a quick phone call I find out that I ordered the last valve, and it will be two weeks until they get more in stock, so I am hoping that they find it still in the bin, or here I will be waiting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
So today I get in a box, and I’m thinking yay, its Christmas…. Now hopefully I can pull my head off and send it north for a small vacation.

But wait what’s this? One of the valve bags looks different than the other one. Upon closer inspection I see that it is completely empty.

After a quick phone call I find out that I ordered the last valve, and it will be two weeks until they get more in stock, so I am hoping that they find it still in the bin, or here I will be waiting.
That sucks.But remember, good things come to thoes who wait:) What do you have planed for the head?
Best of luck to ya..

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
That sucks.But remember, good things come to thoes who wait:) What do you have planed for the head?
Best of luck to ya..
The rest of that quote goes like this:

Good things come to those who wait- but only the things left behind by those who hustel!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best of luck to ya..

The head is going north to willykiller for a little three plug action, as far as the bottom end; I need to figure that one out soon.

I know the stock connecting rod sucks; the replacement transmission I got off eBay broke the stock connecting rod right below the wrist pin then cracked the case.

I would love to go big bore, but I have no clue on what to get………

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The head is going north to willykiller for a little three plug action, as far as the bottom end; I need to figure that one out soon.

I know the stock connecting rod sucks; the replacement transmission I got off eBay broke the stock connecting rod right below the wrist pin then cracked the case.

WOW.. thats impresive. Well either way you go you wont be dissapointed with Willy's work . The 3 pluger is amazing.:), It will put your bike in a whole new class ;) ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone with motosport, and I’m waiting until the end of this week for the missing valve, (fingers crossed) then I am getting the head off and shipped to willykiller.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

It looks as if you need to look for a bottom end. Both case halves with an 02-05 tranny in good shape. As for the big bore or "stroker motor" you can do this now since you probably will be buying a new crank and maybe cylinder...if so, you should look for a 4mm stroker with a good after market rod. You have two choices in 4mm shelf cranks with good rods pre-assembled: Barkers crank with the shorter 134.5mm rod or the Hot Rods crank with the 136.5mm rod. the Barker allows you to run stock stroke pistons where you will find a large selection and the Hot Rods will require the JE stroker piston 11:1 or a custom Kenz or loonytooners 12.5 or 13:1 CP. I won't go into rod length but there are reasons to choose one over the other but for pleasure riding it may not make a difference. I'm not sure how much you have to gain in going 102mm overbore but if you choose the Hot Rods crank with the stock length (longer rod) then I believe the only diameter piston choice will be 102mm. Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it is the last week before finals week, and I have one of the three term papers done, I decided to go outside and get a little wrench turning relief. So far today, I have taken off the exhaust and carburetors.

I finally have the new intake valve on the way it will be here Monday, so between working all weekend, and writing term papers I am going to get the head off, and new valves installed, then it’s on its way up north. I can’t wait for this next week to be over!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All right, it the middle of finals week for me, kinda bombing the tests, but whatev. Anyways I stopped by my local machinist, and they installed the kibble white valves and springs.

So tonight not only will I be cramming for my last test, but I will be making a package to go north.

What is the best way to package the head, so It doesn’t get damaged from shipping? ???

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All right, school is a little slow right now, and I have saved up a lot of money (for me at least) and bought a hotrods stock stroke crank, wiesco piston, wiesco timing chain, hot rod crank bearings, and the good ole L&A one way kit.

I decided to go to the 686, so as soon as the new piston comes in I will be down at the machine shop boring out the jug.

Things I figure I still need to buy are the de-compression upgrade, a new clutch basket and three new coils. :metal: Besides that I don’t know what I should expect as far as reliability from this thing.::)

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
All right, school is a little slow right now, and I have saved up a lot of money (for me at least) and bought a hotrods stock stroke crank, wiesco piston, wiesco timing chain, hot rod crank bearings, and the good ole L&A one way kit.

I decided to go to the 686, so as soon as the new piston comes in I will be down at the machine shop boring out the jug.

Things I figure I still need to buy are the de-compression upgrade, a new clutch basket and three new coils. :metal: Besides that I don’t know what I should expect as far as reliability from this thing.::)
What are you calling the decompression upgrade?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

why do you need 3 coils ? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
why do you need 3 coils ? ;)
...oops that was a top secret slip up....actually Willy is building him the new 4 plug head which makes 10% power than the older 3 plug design. Sorry to break the news but it was going to be out there sooner or later.
:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts