Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its not as nasty as it sounds..... or I hope not. I pulled my intake filter off today to clean and also pulled the crankcase breather filter off and on the inside of the crankcase breather filter and tube here was a small amount of white liquidity substance. Any thoughts to what this could be? Not losing any coolant, last oil change didn't show any signs of water in it. And I have a direct drive lockup clutch with clear cover, so I think I would somewhat see any water. Any help would be great.....

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Is it sticky like oil or more like water ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like water, real thin. Never seen anything like it before. And again this is not a joke thread. lol

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
That's weird... I have no idea.
I though of engine or filter oil but as it's like water...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
my first guess was water, do you ride in water a lot maybe ?? condensation is another possible due to temp change.. :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it's just milky residue in the vent and the sump oil looks ok, then it is probably just condensation. Clean it out and run the bike at full normal temperature for 20 or 30 minutes to evaporate what's left.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
If it's just milky residue in the vent and the sump oil looks ok, then it is probably just condensation. Clean it out and run the bike at full normal temperature for 20 or 30 minutes to evaporate what's left.
+1 Condensation, I've had it in my breather and I also get it in my DD Lockup lexan cover, we get it down here in Fl. because it's so humid. Like "oldstyle" said if you run the bike and get it up to normal operating temp it would evaporate out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts