Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has probably been posted about a million times but hey who cares right ?

The rappy in my sig Vs. my friend who is buying an 06 piped and jetted 400ex and a (stock looking)90's banshee ?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
My riding bud has a piped, jetted and cammed 400EX, you got him hands down. The Banshee you should have but with those buggers looks can be decieving... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
644 Posts
No comtest.

Maybe the banshee ::)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Chet said:

The rappy in my sig Vs. my friend who is buying an 06 piped and jetted 400ex and a (stock looking)90's banshee ?
what kind of race? I have seen 400ex just own in the woods.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have a piped 400ex and its not even close to the same league os the raptor. If its a stock banshee no problem but if it has alot of stuff done internally then she may give you a fight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ya my wife loves her 400, and is scarred shitless of the rappys power. no contest ther. if the banshee starts to beat you just turn the other way. Tell them later on he was going the wrong way, no one will know ;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
oli700 said:
Chet said:

Me Too! I have a modded 01 400Ex and it Handles Awesome!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this will probably be a straight up drag race from a stop, thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
899 Posts
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

Put someone on an EX that just don’t give a shit and someone on a 700R who is a little timid or is just an occasional rider and the EX own them in the woods...... I can hardly keep up with my 17 year old son on his EX because he is really turning into a great rider and can last about 5 hours longer than me......But none of that matters in a drag race, which I think is what most people are thinking when they ask what will beat what in a "race". Money to make power, a good ear, and a hole shot matter more there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I just got back from 7 days camping with the brand new 700r, we had 4 400ex's one of them heavily modded the others were slight mods. No one could hang with the stock RAPTOR, I blew them away on hill climbing, trails and sand. On the ATV track at hollister,ca they had no chance. There is no comparison to the bikes really. My friends are all very solid riders now two of them are picking up there RAPTORS this week!!
What a blast with the new bike... MODS going on this weekend riding again monday tuesday wednesday!!!
Barker duals ,PCIII, new bars with 1 1/2" riser. Cant wait to get back out

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya cptmike,

good meeting you at Hollister last weekend and your right had 2 400's trying to keep up with me there to, they had no chance. If I can get my map tweeked for my raptor I'm gonna go play again tomorow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You'll suck the decals off the 400EX when you go by, but the Banshee is a different story. If it's a fairly short race where you can't stretch your legs he may beat you. If you have enough room to let that big 700 mid to top range kick in, then you'll take him back.

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
oli700 said:
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

Put someone on an EX that just don’t give a shit and someone on a 700R who is a little timid or is just an occasional rider and the EX own them in the woods...... I can hardly keep up with my 17 year old son on his EX because he is really turning into a great rider and can last about 5 hours longer than me......But none of that matters in a drag race, which I think is what most people are thinking when they ask what will beat what in a "race". Money to make power, a good ear, and a hole shot matter more there.
gonna have to disagree...first off, anyone that owns a Raptor more than likely isnt timid, or at least wont be after the first ride. I have ridden my buddy's mildly modded 400 and no matter how crazy u are, there is not much that can make up for the huge difference in the two quads, no matter where u ride. Apples to oranges in my opinion.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Buck said:
oli700 said:
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

gonna have to disagree...first off, anyone that owns a Raptor more than likely isnt timid, or at least wont be after the first ride. I have ridden my buddy's mildly modded 400 and no matter how crazy u are, there is not much that can make up for the huge difference in the two quads, no matter where u ride. Apples to oranges in my opinion.
Right on Buck! :metal: :metal: :wootwoot:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hey oli700, if I trade quads with my wife... I'll spank that ass all day in the trails!! (of course I spank her on the trail even when the bikes aren't runnin' :grin_nod: ) We always have to assume that "rider skill" is the last resort variable. Sooo.... Equally skilled riders on 700 vs. 400, it'll be the victor's spoils to the Yamaha ALL DAY LONG!!!

You could always ask a Banshee for a rematch if you lose... sooner or later that son of a bitch is going to break down. :crazy: :grin_nod: :lol:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Buck said:
oli700 said:
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

He only said, put someone on the bike. He didnt say race a guy with a raptor who is a little timid. I took it as .. find someone who is a timid rider (like my cousin :grin_nod: and put them on a rapor and find a wild rider and put them on the 400.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Buck said:
oli700 said:
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

And I disagree with you! I would run ya in trails up here in Belfair any day with my 400. Is it equal to my 700 as an all around atv no, but on tight trails it will stay with just about any rappy!

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
roc64 said:
Buck said:
oli700 said:
roc64 said:
oli700 said:
Chet said:

And I disagree with you! I would run ya in trails up here in Belfair any day with my 400. Is it equal to my 700 as an all around atv no, but on tight trails it will stay with just about any rappy!
That would be a fun little ass whoopin to hand down.... :thumbsup: (jk) Im not some timid rider, Like I said, given the chance to open up the raptor even the slightest, I would leave u behind and never look back, but if the trails were so tight that neither quad could open up then whats the point? hell Im sure someone could keep up with a quad on a mountain bike if the trail was technical enough.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts