Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2006 Raptor 700r. I was wondering how people installed handle bar mirrors. How do people add threading into their handlebars? Any sort of info works, thank you so much!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
I think those will have an insert flange that comes with the mirrors that you use to thread in a bolt provided in the kit. As the bolt goes in it will expand, thus tightening inside the tube.

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
Wait....look closely at that picture. You will cut your grips shorter, those will clamp over the bar and there is the black cap to cover the end. Easy peasy, no insert, nothing going in the bar tube.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In that photo, those are clamping on the bar end weight on a motorcycle. That is not a cap. You will still need to cut the grip for the clamp to hold on to the bar like Morphrider is stating.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
Don't cut your grips. Move your levers and throttle towards the center. Work the nozzle of brake cleaner under the grips and spray, slide the grips over, then mount the mirrors. Repeat the above backwards. Move the grips to the mirrors, then the throttle and levers. Done, and have full grips.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
You might consider mounting the mirrors under the bars if the vision is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts