Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say the raptor run really good and idles fine but seems every now and again it will miss a beat at idle. It doesnt happen very often but it will cause it to cut off sometimes but usually just misses a beat and keeps idling. only mods are proflo intake, vitos jet kit, and gtyr slipon. seems like an electrical issue because jetting seems spot on all through the rpms. any ideas?

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
You could try turning idle speed up just a bit, and/or leaning out the fuel screws perhaps 1/8 turn each. (of course if it gets worse, richen them 1/8th each)

I first suggest leaning because early in my Rappy's life (at least its life with me), it would stumble occasionally at idle and die less occasionally - turned out that my choke plunger was stuck on just a bit, richening things up.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My stock raptor would also just shut off when idling, just the nature of the beast, now my oval tracker is a different story, and since the iginition systems and wiring are similiar, it must be something with the carbs.........

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys... ill keep the idle up as i have been doing and fool around with the fuel screw more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts