Raptor Forum banner

mixin mods

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CAROLINA_700R 
#1 ·
Is there specific parts that goes better with others. For instance if i get a yoshi full exh. and i get just say a trinity programmer and some other type of intake. will i get the same performance as i would from buying another complete system from one company that is already paired together. ::)

#2 ·
Maybe. Or maybe not.
I'm sure any manufacturer will tell you that their parts were all designed to work together and the only way to get optimum gains is to buy ALL their products. Somehow, I don't quite believe this.
There are just too many products out there for anyone to dyno test all possible combinations. Some are better than others.
Bottom line, the best intake combined with the best exhaust and the best programmer will be the ultimate combination, regardless of who makes any of those parts.
Now you just have to figure out what the best products are.

#3 ·
As far as programmer get the PCIII and then other then that you can mix and match. Get what you lik the look and the sound of. Or go for balls out performance. Either way with a PCIII any intake / exhaust combo will be better than stock and work well.

#4 ·
just curious but why do ppl like the pcIII more than just say trinity or dolbeck type deal. Is it b/c its more accurate or have more options or what. I always heard that trinity was pretty good for rappy's and there stage IV kit. just tryin to get some info here b4 i get to spendin too much money on something i would have rather not gotten.

#7 ·
Maybe too many adjustments.
I'd have a hard time trusting someone else's map. I've read too many posts that went something like: "I just downloaded the perfect map. Bike runs great, but my plug is chalky white with little metal flecks." Yes, the PCIII is able to achieve near perfection, but your quad needs to be dynoed to get to that point.
My own personal opinion is that being able to tune every 250 rpm is just too much dicking around. Maybe I won't get every last tenth of a HP with my Dobeck, but my quad runs great, has enough power, and is tuned well enough to be safe.
It also only cost me $100.

G
#8 ·
t_r_h said:
I'd have a hard time trusting someone else's map. I've read too many posts that went something like: "I just downloaded the perfect map. Bike runs great, but my plug is chalky white with little metal flecks." Yes, the PCIII is able to achieve near perfection, but your quad needs to be dynoed to get to that point.
My own personal opinion is that being able to tune every 250 rpm is just too much dicking around. Maybe I won't get every last tenth of a HP with my Dobeck, but my quad runs great, has enough power, and is tuned well enough to be safe.

I completely agree. I was just givin a reason or to as to why so many love the PCIII...

#9 ·
t_r_h said:
I agree 100% as well. I went with the White Brothers efi (dobeck w/ a sticker on it) and have tuned my bike to perfection. It is SUPER easy to use and adjustable when out riding. Just stop riding for a second and start changing the settings. Ride a little more and change if you need to. I don't think they get the credit they deserve at all.

G
#11 ·
Its all up to you and what you want and what you are going to do.
I have the PCIII cause I intend on doing alot of work on my bike in the future, so I might as well get the best that way I can get all the pwr and tq I can... Thats just me though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.