Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there new raptor owner here and when it comes to taking.care of.my bikes I try to go.the good.lengths.to keep them.up to par. Im really into mobil1 oils and am,wondering if.its.ok to use in my raptor, or.will it.cause.havoc with the cluctches ect. Id also like some.input on k&n airfilters the local shop ordered in a dual cone.to one.mount setup I think in hopes that id.buyit. After looking though my new cylmers manual it.looks like.my filter is stock still, what gains if any would this k&n bring if any. Im currentally running.this.set.up

Also wondering if anyone.has.changed out for larger or for proformance the power.jet that is located in the left.carb if I remeber right and if theres any,gains in doing that as well

My set up
01 660 raptor I
Brand new 12/40 final drive and d.i.d. X-ring chain
Full fmf exhaust only.know it goes.straight through
2 2.5 inch holes in air box id with snorkle still attached
Mj 65/70
pj 25
a/s 2.5 turns out on both
Clip position 3 I think, I havent verified that yet
I run 93 octane

I have a.slight pop on throttle close while decelerating at.night under motion it.shoots a flame out and a sharp pop performs very well and.clean to,me pipes seem.to be.hot right at head and are a.nice.color any,suggestions or.ideas would be nice thanks for.all the help and sorry about the periods im phat thumbed and too lazy to go back when on a roll lol

Charlie Brown in battle creek mich

·
Registered
191 Posts
I run mobil1 in everything I own.
I also run it in my raptor with no issues.
Go for the 10w40 mobil1 racing 4Toil it is safe for wet clutches.
Mobil1 is an excellent choice of oil for your bike.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep if you want to run Mobil 1 full synthetic it needs to be the motorcycle version. Regular car oil will cause the clutch to slip. They have higher levels of molybedium disulfied. It is a metalic like lubercant. It gets imbeded in to the clutch and will cause it to slip. Once the clutch has been contaminated it cant be saved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I thought about the standard oils now I just have to see if I can the mobil you guys mentioned. I know also that at least stp filters are avail for the raptor. but I think ill try to find a fram tough guard or mobil filter versus the yammaha one. Thanks again

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
As long as it's wet clutch compatible, you're fine...

Turn your fuel screws out 1/4 turn each to get rid of pop on decel. Else, your jetting (165L/170R with 25 pilots) is fine - you should be running aftermarket needles, though... and I'll bet you are.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thats what I thought about the standard oils now I just have to see if I can the mobil you guys mentioned. I know also that at least stp filters are avail for the raptor. but I think ill try to find a fram tough guard or mobil filter versus the yammaha one. Thanks again

google Fram filter comparison. There junk! Use a good quility filter to go with the good oil IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts