Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just got delivery of a Yamaha Raptor 660 which is road legal, i have only used it so far on the road but plan to take it off road soon!! The problem I am finding with the indicators is that I keep forgetting to switch them off after a turn. In a lot of Mercs and similiar other cars it flashes for like 4 to 6 flashes then turns off. Is there any way of doing this to the Raptor?!?!?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
none of our raptors have turn signals....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I bought mine in AZ, USA. None of the raptors here in AZ come road legal from the dealership. You have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the people that have made them road legal i'm presumming that they will have the same issues?!?!

Just annoying and would be great if i can change it somehow!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i am not sure, did your come street legal? where are you?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought it 2nd hand - its a April 2006 Raptor 660. I think it was registered late which is why its on an 06 reg.... I believe some of them come street legal but am not sure. I am based in Berlin but also looked at a few in the UK which were alreadz street legal!!

They look like standard Yamaha parts which is why i thought someone in here may have modded them!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
well, viel glueck, mit sein problem. ich habe mein profesor gefragt, aber er kennt nicht, gibt es ein wort fuer quad oder ATV? ich kenne motorrad.., Ist das alles? sorry if it is wrong... i am just learning.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey - how come u r learning german?? Ich sprechen ein bissein deutsche!! Ist nicht so gut!!

Did you say you asked your proffessor about the indicators or the deutsche?!?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i asked my professor if there was another word for quad besides Motorrad. motorrad is just a motorcycle. He didnt know and when you said you were in Berlin i figured you spoke the language. I am learning German for fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fair enuf!! I've been living in Germany for about 18 months. However I work in english and the majority of my friends here are english. I have got a few german friends and can speak a little bit of german but its not the best!! I need to spend more time making an effort to learn it but just not sure how much longer i'll be here which puts me off getting lessons etc!!

So how long have you had your quad?? I got mine delivered thursday night and had only previously had a very brief go on a yfz 450 which was fun!!

How bomb proof are the 660's?? Everything i've read has rated them highly but just interested to know other users point of views!!

Nick

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Since yours is most likely an 05 model year, it should be very bomb proof in stock trim. The more you modify it, the more reliability you loose.

My guess on the signals is that you may be able to retrofit something from a late model Yamaha street bike for the auto cancel. The last few street bikes I had, you still had to cancel the blinkers yourself, it's just a habit you need to develop. I trained myself to hit the cancel button every so often until I just did it without thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i have had mine for about two years now, no problems that i didnt cause. Using it on the street you should almost never have a problem. Just be sure to keep up on maintenance.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The easiest and cheapest way to fix it would be just to pay more attention to it. And they never made any street legal raptors, at least in the US. Yours was modified to be street legal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Russ - thanks.... I guessed it would be an 05 model just registered a few months later. Its only got a Leo Vince exhaust and thats it as far as i know.

Deception - how often do you maintain yours?? Guessing i should change the oil and spark plugs every so often and then have a full service done say once a year?!?! Is that sufficient?? I do plan to use it off road but just planning to learn it properly first :)

Pewter - yes i realise that its just annoying. I really like the Mercs where the indicator flashes a couple of times (well 4 times) then cancels itself - very handy when driving down the motorway.... anyways!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
change the oil every couple months if you ride a lot. adjust the valves every 10-20 hours. Be sure to grease the heims every once in awhile.check the coolant everytime to you ride.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
raptsson said:
could you post a pic of your raptor? i would like to see it myself
who are you asking? mine is in the Show off your Ride thread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts